(Asano Gakushu) Mission Complete

Warnings: Subtle manipulation, jealousy, obsessive and possessive behaviors, death and bloody scene. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Resigning from your former professional that always left you exhilarated, regretting it was out of the question as you felt most alive, normal, and free. You've started to grow close with your family, friends, and even some co-workers within your new job. Along with that, your love life is getting better and better by the day you've spent it together with your significant other that left you eager to enter your shared home. Thinking that the normalcy of your life will continue until your wedding, you are left experiencing otherwise once you've seen someone familiar waiting for your arrival right within your abode. 

"Gakushu? Why are you here...? Don't tell me." You inquired in confusion before realizing the sole reason of his presence. As it had been a common occurrence for you to see dead bodies, you remained hurt upon seeing someone very dear to you already a corpse. The visible shock within your eyes disappeared and was replaced by a cold glare as you looked back at your unwanted visitor.

He's well dressed by his usual clothing whenever the two of you are teamed up in a mission. A formal black suit to help him blend in within the shadows that's also bulletproof in case any problems should arise. The necktie he wore as well is also a hidden weapon of his, having the same color of his striking eyes as his white dress shirt absence of any scarlet liquid despite the blood present around the dead body and some areas nearby, showing his flawless skill to kill. He shows you a folder that you guessed where the details of his mission contains, thinking it as a ticket for him to get away from what he had done.

"Your soon to be spouse had been connected to numerous illegal activities and as such, I have been tasked for an elimination since I cannot receive any cooperation. I'm sure you understand. You're just quite unlucky to find someone that has many dark secrets." Gakushu explained, concern about what he had done absent as he gazed at your astounded expression as you resumed to stare at the corpse with subtle tears before returning your gaze to him.

"Are you really not doing that because you're still angry with me leaving? You're the one that needs to understand my situation. I'm happy with my life until you pranced and took it away from me! Do you want me to say thank you as well?" Your voice gradually started to rise, showing your frustration and anger. 

Gakushu perfectly managed to hide his proudness of your assumption, mentally adding the reason of him accepting the mission to eliminate the one that you love. He took pride of his own emotional control when he learned about your leave that you even remained hidden from him. His anger directed to the person that managed to steal you only grew, continuing to build up during your absence. That's why when the opportunity presented itself through your lover being one of the possible targets of the numerous missions that would be assigned to him, he wasted no time to prepare himself to enjoy the process of elimination.

"Tell me, would I really eliminate him for some selfish reasons? You do know how your former profession works, right?" He inquired in return, lying while crossing his arms across his chest that undeniably caused him to be more intimidating while still holding the piece of evidence that would be his ace to turn the table.

"I do know how it works! But I still think that me leaving the organization caused you to dig in some information about my personal life! You've crossed the line, Gakushu!" You frowned, vigorously wiping away your tears before forcing yourself to move on as there's no other thing that can be done to bring back the life of your deceased lover. Despite revenge being an inviting matter at the moment, you knew you wouldn't be able to kill Gakushu.

"Are you really that oblivious? I mean, yes, that is among the reasons as well, but the main one is that you didn't inform me about your romantic affairs until you've suddenly resigned. Knowing that there's already someone else that managed to successfully win you over is frustrating." Gakushu finally revealed his true intentions that undeniably caused you to be surprised.

"If I understood correctly, you've done such outrageous thing just because you're jealous?! You're acting ridiculous, Gakushu! You should've been mature enough to calmly accept that not everything is under your control! I can love whoever I want and you have no right to kill the one I've chosen over you!" Remembering the horrific deed he had done, you didn't let yourself be swayed by his declaration of love.

"You're the one acting ridiculous. You should have done a thorough background checking. I can't believe you've been reckless. What I did can be also seen as a way of me looking after you. Here's some documents revealing the different absurd activities your former partner had done. Calm yourself while you're reading for you to completely understand why a quick elimination must be done." He hands over the folder, in which you hesitantly took.

"Do you understand now? You deserve someone much better." He inquired after noticing the understanding that momentarily showed through your expression before you're soon consumed by regretting your decision of even falling in love over someone that really deserved to die. 

"And you propose that someone is you?" You asked in return, calming yourself down while you returned the documents to him with some papers left crumpled caused by you tightening your hold when you read through it earlier.

"Who else? Don't you miss the times where we team up with our missions? It just shows how we match well, don't you think? The ideas that seemed to click in when the both of us simultaneously thought about it. Your former lover deserved the unfortunate fate. You've now know about the absurd activities. You're better than this, Y/N and you know that." Gakushu approaches you carefully, putting a hand on your shoulder.

"I understand... But I'm sorry." You shrugged off his hold, casually approaching the corpse before you noticed a stray knife with blood remaining trickle on its blade lying on a table nearby. You immediately take action, acquiring it before throwing it in Gakushu's thigh that would lessen his speed if ever he would try to catch you.

"Heh, why didn't you kill me when you had the chance? If I'm in a better state, I'll find you soon enough." Gakushu remained confident, letting himself take a seat after understanding your actions. He decides to let you be in the mean time as he had limited actions to perform. Despite the weapon being alone, it dealt quite the damage when you aimed at a vulnerable spot that would hinder his walking.

"You completely know I couldn't do that. I just need to take a break from everything that had happened, but who knows? Maybe I'll let you catch me in the future. I'll see you soon, Gakushu. And clean up this mess, if you can, okay?" Your challenge left him shaking his head in amusement, gazing at your retreating figure. He was undeniably relieved to know that you would accept him with enough time, but now, he's satisfied with his complete mission.