Chapter 89 The Hunter and the Prey (1)

World 5: Hunter x Hunter.

"This time... are you looking for a mermaid?"

"Is there really such a thing as a mermaid?"

"It is said that the mermaid is extremely ferocious, with the sharpest teeth and nails, and a deceptive singing voice. Countless hunters have died under his claws."

"Didn't it say that the Hunter Association once captured a mermaid...was it released?"

"Anyway, since it's an exam question, let's finish it well."

Whispering came into the boy's ears, and he raised his hand and coughed gently.

The weak cough attracted Xiaojie's attention, and Xiaojie turned his head, "Yu, are you feeling bad?"

"No." The boy's voice was sweet and pleasant, and it was easy to think of some mysterious creature in the deep sea. His face was beautiful but extremely pale, and it was stained a little bright red because of coughing.

The young man named Yu Hoshino was met by Xiaojie and the others half a month ago. He seemed to be in poor health and always coughed and vomited blood. Xiaojie often worried that he would pass out, but he never passed out.

Sometimes when he fell asleep, it was as if he was not breathing, and Xiaojie always wondered if this person was still alive... This body is too bad.

Although his body was so poor that he seemed about to fall down at any time, and his mental ability was unknown, he was able to pass the hunter exam...it was incredible.

"To catch the mermaid..." Kurapika said, "Are we going to the bottom of the sea this time?"

Hoshino Yuu trembled his eyelashes and said softly, "I'm afraid of water, this time... it may be a little difficult for me."

【Xiaoyou, how does it feel to be the prey that everyone is looking for? 】The system asked.

Hoshino Yu coughed violently again, and he replied, 【It looks okay so far. 】

【Now no one knows that mermaids can turn into humans. In short, you just need to hide your identity well. My suggestion is to stay away from humans. 】

Hoshino Yuu didn't answer.

He coughed so badly that tears came out.

Killua handed over the water, "Have a good rest."

Hoshino Yuu blinked, took the water and smiled slightly, "Thank you, Qiya."

The mermaid's beauty is indeed extremely confusing, Qi Ya seems expressionless, but turns his head silently.

Xiojie whispered, "Do you feel afraid to look directly at Yuu? I feel this way every time I look at him."

"Fool!"

Hoshino Yuu drank water and barely suppressed the itch in his throat.

He looked down at the scratch on the palm of his hand and held it silently.

The system is right, he should stay away from humans. Being caught this time is not just a simple matter of being dissected.

"I heard that the main catch this time is the mermaid that escaped from the Hunter Association."

"Why doesn't the Hunter Association issue a reward?"

"It seems to be afraid of alarming the mermaid, causing the mermaid to escape or something..."

"But what is the reason for catching the mermaid?"

Hoshino Yuu's eyelashes drooped even lower, he looked thin and weak, as if a gust of wind could blow him down.