Careful

A/n: let's just say that after this, Misa stopped light from killing you or L because they felt having a newborn cry every night was punishment enough. Also the head canons master post (first chapter) has been updated. Check back for more head canons

Head canon: during the last days of your pregnancy he'd be so careful with you and constantly worried as to when you might go into labor.
-meaning as soon as you do he's ready to act and you'll be at the hospital within seconds.

You were due to give birth any day now. You were scared but also so exited to get this kid out of you. But it seems L was more worried than you were, and you were the one giving birth. He'd been treating you like glass, so fragile that even touching it wrong Gould break it. He was concerned for your safety and the child's safety. He'd made you take time off work at HQ, he'd made sure you were safe at all times and he stuck with you 24/7. He was even scared to hug you sometimes in fear he's hurt you for the baby.

"Are you sure you're ok?" He asked for the millionth time that night.

"I'm fine, just go to sleep, I'll need to rest up" you said.

"Ok, goodnight"

"Goodnight"

You began to fall asleep, L refusing to get too clingy with you in fear he'd hurt you in any way. All was peaceful until midnight hit and you suddenly felt massive pains that woke you up. You suddenly woke up, the moment instantly making L, who wasn't even asleep turn to you.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"I'm sore that's all" you said, trying not to worry him.

But the went out the window when you felt another sharp pain, making you yelp in pain.

"Are you ok? What's wrong?"

"I think it's time"

And cue panic mode.

"Uh, ok we're going to the hospital" he said.

He instantly jumped up and grabbed the car keys, helping you up too. L being overly prepared for this got you to the hospital in a matter of minutes.

And thus it was time to start your long painful labor.

As the sun started to rise, and the rest of taskforce began to arrive at HQ, they were very confused to see no one there.

"Hey where's L and (y/n)?" Matsuda asked.

"Miss (y/n) went into labor last night, L is with her" Watari said.

"Is she ok?" Misa asked.

"I don't know the details but she hasn't given birth yet"

That's right it's been 6 painful hours of trying to get the baby out, but it was almost over. You had finally gone into the stages of giving birth, the only thing you could feel was pain, and the tight grip of L's hand on your hand.

You were all fuzzy with the sensation of nothing but pain. You were never doing this again.

But all at once it was over, the pain was gone and you could hear a baby's cry echoing through the delivery room. You caught your breath and wipes your tears eyes on your sleeve.

"Congratulations (y/n), Ryuzaki. It's a girl"

You looked over at L who looked like he was ready to cry. The doctor cut the umbilical cord and quickly washed off your child and gave you your baby and you held it close to your chest.

"I knew you could do it" L said.

"I felt like death oh my god that was so painful. Never doing that again" you laughed.

You passed the baby to L who hugged it gently against his chest, the baby instantly stopped crying as in as he did.

"She likes you more than me"

"That's because I'm the cool parent" he joked.

"I'll be the cool parent once I recover" you fried back.

"Who's the best detective here? Me"

"Sush you"

You both laughed and smiled at each other.

L looked down at his child and smiled to brightly it could light up the whole world at midnight.

"What are we naming her?" He asked.

"Hmm... I like (d/n)" you said.

"Then (d/n) it is"

L sat next to you and kissed your forehead.

"I'm proud of you"

"I love you so much"

"I love you too (y/n)... and I love you (d/n)"

He kissed his baby in the head, watching as the newborn smiled at the sensation.

Bonus:

No one at HQ has gotten any work done, they were all waiting to hear if you were ok. Suddenly the phone rang and everyone raced to grab it, but Watari just pressed a bouton on the computer and the L logo popped up on screen.

"How'd it go?"

"Is (y/n) ok?"

"What's the gender?"

"Cut me some slack I just gave birth" you laughed.

"You'll be happy to know that everything went fine, and after 6 hours we now have a baby girl" L said.

"What's her name?" Misa asked.

"(D/n)"

"Aww! You're going to be the cutest family!"