L week - day 4

Day 4 - first anniversary

You were tired, you couldn't find the strength to get out of bed. You'd just woken up to your alarm, saying it was time for you to get out of bed and go downstairs to work.

Kira was still on the loose, it's been a year already... you were wondering if you'd ever catch him honestly.

You managed to pull yourself out of bed and looked at the time on your phone.

8:06am. Too early.

You then saw the date, a smile breaking on your lips.

It was your one year anniversary with L. You'd been dating for a whole year now, it was definitely an accomplishment, you'd never had a relationship last so long before. You had gotten L a present you kept hidden under the bed.

You crawled under the bed and grabbed the gift, pulling it out and putting it on the bed.

You were going to get ready for the day first. You walked over to your dressing table and grabbed a hair brush, pulling it through your hair to get all the knots out.

Just then you heard the door open, you could see L in the mirror.

"Good morning sweetheart" you said.

He wrapped his arms around you from behind and kissed your cheek.

"Good morning gorgeous" he replied.

"It's a special day you know"

"I know, one year and still going strong"

You turned to face him and wrapped your arms around him.

"And you said you didn't know how to be a boyfriend"

"I didn't then, thanks to you I do now"

He gave you a quick peck on the lips and smiled.

"I have something for you" you said, slipping out of his grip to grab the present.

"I told you I didn't need anything" he replied.

"But I like to spoil you"

He sat down on the bed next to you and you grabbed him the present.

"Happy anniversary"

He smiled and pulled at the bow on the box, undoing it and gabbing the lid.

As soon as he took the lid off, the sides of the box fell out to the sides, revealing various pictures of the two of you glued to the inside, another box sitting in the middle.

"How did you-"

"What can I say? I'm crafty"

He pulled off the lid to the next box, the sides falling out again, revealing more pictures. Then the next box, then the next box, the smile on his face growing with each picture he saw.

He finally got the last box, but I card was placed in top of it. He opened the card and began to read it.

L

Words can't describe how much I love you, it's been a whole year and I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the worlds greatest detective actually liked me back. I never thought I'd be able to snatch you up as my own, but I did, and I wouldn't change that for the world. I've loved this past year so much, watching you open up and grow into almost a new person. I can't stand seeing you upset, just the thought makes me want to cry, you are everything to me and I'd take a bullet for you, you're the best thing that's ever walked into my life. Never change, I love you so much L. I hope we make it through everything together for years so come.