Under the weather

You awoke as usual, ate breakfast as usual, got dressed as usual and walked down to HQ as usual. What was unusual was the otherwise monotonous detective with his head on the desk, even weirder, he hadn't touched a single piece of the cake next to him.

"What's up with L?" You asked.

"He's sick, he just doesn't want to admit it" Light said.

"Of course..."

You walked over to him to find he'd fallen asleep, no surprise.

You sighed and picked him up, letting his arms flop over your shoulder. You knew his room would be locked so you took him to your room and tucked him into bed.

You left him to sleep after taking his temperature and went to go find some medicine.

After a little while of sleep, the detective woke up, very confused as to why he was in a bed and not at his desk and what he was doing in a room with anime posters and under purple blankets with butterflies on them with a giant seal plush under his head.

He took a moment to properly wake up and realise he was in you room. He realised that you must have carried him here since his room would have been locked.

"Oh you're awake"

He jumped at the sound of your voice and turned to see you with a medicine bottle.

"I'm not drinking that" he said in a tried, sickly voice.

"Yes you are"

"It's yuck, and I'm fine"

"I know its yuck, and you're not fine you sound like you're dying and your temperature is through the roof"

You poured the right amount of medicine into the little cup and handed to him. He sighed and knew he wouldn't win this round, quickly downing the disgusting stuff like a shot.

"I appreciate the concern and help (y/n), but I have to get back to work" he began.

He tried to pull the blankets off but you threw them back on.

"No you're not" you said.

"But I have to work"

"Not in this state"

"I'm fi-"

He was cut off by a coughing fit, hurting his throat in the process.

"Damnit-"

"See? I'm sure taskforce can survive a day without you. My room is air conditioned and I have everything you need to get better, just sleep some more and let your body fix itself ok?" You said.

"But the case is important!"

"Your health is more important"

You pushed him back into the bed and pulled the blankets up.

"Now sleep" you said.

"But (y/n)-"

"Sleep. I'm not leaving until you get some more sleep"

"You'll be here all day then"

No you wouldn't, that medicine had a sedative in it. He'd bee asleep again in a matter of minutes.

"I can wait" you sassed.

Just as you thought, he fell asleep after a few minutes. You stayed for a little longer to make sure he was ok, but soon left him to rest as you went to look for Watari.

"Excuse me, Watari" you said, walking into his office.

"How may I help miss (l/n)?" He replied.

"L's sick, I've put him to sleep in my room and gave him some pain killer but when I took his temperature it was alarmingly high, I'm kind of worried... is there a specific doctor I should call?"

"What was his temperature?"

You handed him the thermometer and he instantly got worried.

"That's not good... he's never been that bad... I call a doctor. Make sure he stays asleep for a while please. Thank you for taking care of him"

"Alright. I'm not letting him just sit there in misery, I'll make sure he gets more sleep"

You left to go watch over L and make sure he was ok.

You knew what happens when temperatures gets that high, you've been that sick before. It was going to be a long couple of days. Hopefully his doctor could prescribe him something...

Part 2 soon.