Colour

A/n: well guys, a last night good night short story is in the works it'll be up soon enough!

Head canon: none for this one

Au: when your meet your soulmate, the world that was black and white turns colourful.

You had just started at university and you were a couple of days late due to some troubles with moving. But you were finally here and it was about time you began to start studying, you'd missed a lot already.

You began I rush to class since you were late. Other students on breaks were walking the campus, you had to dodge them every two seconds since it was a crowded area.

You decided to take a shortcut through the oval and in through the east entrance, you dashed across the grass and the doors to your class were getting closer, until you tripped.

Good job (y/n), good job.

"Oh! Are you ok?" A girls voice said.

You sat up to see a blonde, well you guessed it was blonde, to you it was just grey with pigtails and two other boys.

"Oh, yeah I'm ok, thanks" you said.

She held out a hand and pulled you up. You brushed off your clothes and Finns the two boys picking up your bag and books for you.

"Thanks guys, you don't have to be so nice" you said.

"That's ok, as long as you're alright, that was quite the fall" one boy said and handed you your bag.

"Thank you"

The other boy handed your your book but something made your heart stop. Your hand brushed against his and suddenly you saw something... colour.

"Woah what's happening?" You said, frantically looking around.

"You see it too?" The boy asked.

"Y-yeah!"

The other two gave each other a confused look. You both looked around at the world, painting itself before your eyes. You never knew how beautiful the world was.

"What's happening here?" The girl asked.

"I- I can see colour! Those Sakura trees are pink, the grass is green, my shoes are purple!" You said.

"You really see it too? The blue sky, the red banners, the orange fences?" The boy you now saw had black hair, blue jeans and a white shirt said.

"Yeah! And your jeans are blue!"

"And your jacket is purple!"

You smiled up at the boy who smiled back at you.

The other two watched, one with no change in expression and one with a look of awe on her face.

"You two can really see colour?! What's it like?" The girl asked.

"It's so... beautiful" you said.

"I don't even know how to describe it..." the boy said.

"Awww I just witnessed two soulmates meet! Thats so cute! Come on light let's leave them to talk"

And with that they left.

You turned back to the boy.

"It's you?" You asked.

"Well if you can see me in colour like I can see you then it seems so" he replied.

"I'm (y/n) by the way" you said.

"I feel bad not telling my soulmate my real name... but I can't in public... everyone calls me Ryuzaki" he replied.

"Real name? Ooo is my soulmate a spy with an alias?"

"Not exactly... I'm a detective and those two are my suspects... I guess it wouldn't hurt to say, I'm L"

"NO WAY! AS IN THE DETECTIVE?!"

"Yeah..."

"THATS SO COOL! MY SOULMATE IS A DETECTIVE! Not only that... the world GREATEST detective!" You cheered.

"This isn't how I expected my investigation to go at all, but... I'm glad it did. Not only can I now see everything in colour, I met the one I've been looking for my whole life" he said.

"I'm so glad I slept through my alarm"

"I'm probably just making you even more late huh?"

"Screw class! I just met my soulmate and I want to know everything about you and love you and protect you!"

"You'll get in trouble"

"I'll just say I can see colour now and they'll get it"

You smiled at L and he smiled back, already head over heels in love.

"I know we just met but your my soulmate so... can I... kiss you?" He asked, looking down at his feet.

"Your my soulmate! You don't have to ask, the answer is always yes"

You smiled and pulled him into a deep and passionate kiss, the best kiss you'd ever had.

You discovered the true beauty of the world that day, the colours that surround you and your one true love.