Secret slipped

Head canon: the taskforce only found out L was married when he suddenly ran out of taskforce because you went into labour.

Silence hung the air, the only sound that of keyboard clicks and mouse tapping on the computers. This was when everyone worked best, no distractions.

Suddenly the silence was broken by L's emergency phone ringing, the noise making him jump. When he was it was you he instantly got worried.

"You ok?" He said, picking up.

"L THE BABY IS COMING!"

"THE WHAT-"

His sudden outburst made the whole taskforce turn to look.

"MY WATER JUST BROKE!" You panicked.

"Contractions?"

"YES, IT HURTS!"

"SHIT STAY THERE IM COMING"

L hung up and scrambled to his feet. It was a week early! There was no way either of you were prepared for this.

"What's going on?" Matsuda asked.

"WATARI CALL AN AMBULANCE" L yelled.

"Is it time?" He asked.

"YES AND I DON'T THINK WE'LL GET TO THE HOSPITAL IN TIME"

"On it"

With that, L ran out the door, just leaving without another word. From the way things were going, there was a chance you'd not make it to the hospital and you'd have to either give birth in the ambulance or L would have to help deliver the baby at home, not to mention it was a week early.

When Watari got off the phone, Matsuda spoke up.

"What's going on? Is L ok?" He asked.

"He'll be fine, it's just the initial shock" Watari replied.

"Yeah but what's happening? I heard contractions, ambulance and hospital, is someone having a baby?" Misa asked.

"Well, L's wife was meant to be due in another week, but it seems the baby was early, she's gone into labour"

"HOLD UP, L'S MARRIED?!" Light exclaimed.

"Oh my god I hope she's ok... going into labour early can sometimes be bad" Misa added.

"That would explain why he leaves every night, he has a pregnant wife to look after..." Aizawa said.

Meanwhile, you'd managed to get into the ambulance, buuuttt you had to give birth there. And oh boy was it painful. You were screaming, L was panicking more than you were and the doctors were all trying to get the help get the baby out.

"Just a bit more!"

"AHHHH IT HURTS!"

"COME ON YOU CAN DO IT!"

Everything was hectic, you were in so much pain and you just wanted this baby out already.

"I'M NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN!" You yelled I'm frustration.

You were probably breaking all the bones in L's hand from holding it so tight, but with one final push, all the pain went away and you heard a baby crying. You sighed in relief, absolutely drained.

L's fear of you or the baby dying during birth was lifted.

"Thank god..." he sighed.

"It's a boy! Congratulations!" The doctor said.

You took hold of you baby just as you pulled into the hospital, you still had to do his checkups and cut the umbilical chord. You didn't know who was crying more at this point, you from the pain, the baby from just being born or L, who was way too overjoyed.