Not a care in the world

Head canon: when people say L doesn't give a fuck about anything. They mean it.

Shit. Fuck. Why you?

You'd left your goddam nightgown in your room.

And you're on the fourth floor bathroom.

Damnit.

It was very late, so everyone should be asleep. Maybe, just maybe, you could make a dash for your room in your underwear.

You peeked out the door, it was dark, no one was around. Better be quick. You zipped from the bathroom down the stairs, luckily no one was around. But when you reached the second floor, the monitor room, you froze.

Goddamnit L why do you have to be awake?

He didn't seem to notice as you rushed past and down into your room. Only to find your nightgown wasn't there, meaning you'd dropped it somewhere in HQ.

You would just put on some other clothes... IF YOU HAD SOME. You still hadn't finished moving in...

"Fuck..." you said to yourself.

You could just stay in your room... but then tomorrow you wouldn't have anything to wear and you'd have to walk out in your underwear in front of everyone. You'll have to go out again, no one but L was awake so it couldn't be THAT bad, right?

You walked back out into the halls, looking for your nightgown. Where in earth had you dropped it?

Suddenly you saw a light turn on and heard movement in the next room.

FUCK.

This was not going well. There was only one thing you could do. You ran into the monitor room and slammed the door, making L jump and turn to face you, very confused.

"Hide me!" You said.

"Why?"

"JUST HIDE ME"

When he heard the footsteps down the hall and realised how little you were wearing, it clicked. He got up and pushed you into a storage closet.

You stayed there, hearing whoever it was pass, you waited a little more, hearing them pass again going back to their room.

You opened the door and peeked outside.

"You're good" L said.

You stepped out and sighed.

"Now, care to explain?" He added.

"I dropped my nightgown somewhere..." you said, your cheeks heating up.

You were literally standing in a lacy bra and panties in front of the worlds greatest detective. This was humiliating.

"Oh, so that pastel nightgown I found in the third floor was yours?"

"Yes, where is it?"

You watched as he grabbed it from the desk and handed it to you. You pulled it over your head and made sure nothing was showing.

"Sorry you had to see... all that" you said.

"Meh, who cares?"

Wait? What?

"Y-you literally don't care that I borderline flashed you?"

"No"

You gave him a confused look.

"Ok? Most people would be either disgusted or turned on but ok" you said.

"You were covered weren't you?"

"Barely"

"But you were covered, so it doesn't matter, I wouldn't have mattered if you were naked either, you dropped your nightgown. It was just an accident" he said.

"Wow, you really don't give a shit"

"Not really"

While he may not give a shit about the situation, that didn't mean he wasn't dying inside.

He didn't care that it happened, but oh my god that lace.

Rest in peace L Lawliet, cause of death: (y/n) in blue lace.