Summer sunshine

A/n: because Death Note deserves a beach Ep. Also, I usually hate doing tags but I just keep on being tagged so do a get to know the author tag, anyone care enough to see it?

Head canon: L isn't too keen on the beach.

It was so damn hot. No one could focus, no one was up for the suits and work attire, so thanks to Misa and Matsuda ganging up on you, it was time to head to the beach.

L didn't seem too happy about it, but you managed to drag him out anyway. You so ranted to him about putting on cooler clothes so he wouldn't have a damn heat stroke.

So here you were, the whole taskforce unpacking the car in their swimsuits ready to relax on the beach.

You grabbed a rubber ring and the esky from the boot and followed the others down to the beach were you managed to find a good spot and set up the chairs, umbrellas and towels.

"Come on (y/n)!" Misa said, beckoning you to the water.

You ran over and she grabbed your hand, pulling you into the water, the both of you instantly being toppled over by a wave.

You laughed and sat up again, starting a splash fight with Misa. The two of you were such kids when it came to the beach, splashing each other, pool noodle fights and the chicken game and whatnot.

Light was busy tanning, Matsuda was blowing up a few beach balls, the rest of the taskforce were all reading under the umbrella or swimming.

Then there was L, who was curled up in a ball, feeling so exposed as he watched the two of you splash around.

"I love your swimsuit! The ruffles are so cute" Misa said.

"Thanks, the little bows on yours are so cute too" you replied.

"Wanna go annoy the others?"

"I've got an idea"

You ran out of the water and grabbed a bucket, filling it with water.

"Keep quiet ok?"

Misa followed you to see what you'd do.

You stood over light, who was lying n his front, not noticing you. And you poured the water all over him.

"FUCK THATS COLD!" He exclaimed.

You and Misa laughed and ran off.

"YOU TWO ARE GETTING IT"

With that, the two of you were running away from light, who was armed with a pool noodle.

L watched you all play around. He wanted to go home.

Too much sand... too much noise... the breeze was annoying him. Watari had also made him put in way too much sunscreen and a massive hat because he was so pale and had such fragile skin, it was all annoying him.

But you looked like you were having fun so he'd stick it out here for you.

After the little noodle fight with light, Misa went off to swim with him. You went back to base, grabbing a nice cold bottle of iced tea and top up on sunscreen.

You also helpless Matsuda with the beachballs while you were at it, he then went off to throw them at light and Misa.

You looked over at L who was all gloomy and hiding under his massive hat.

"Hey, why don't you come swimming?" You said, crouching down in front of him.

"I'll just end up covered in sand..." he said.

"Come on! It'll be fun, plus it's better than sitting in the heat"

You grabbed his hands and pulled him to his feet, you thee his hat aside so it didn't get lost in the ocean and pulled him down to the water with no warning.

"Wait no (y/n)-"

You pushed him down as a wave rolled in, you fell backwards into the water, reacting by sitting up and shaking the hair form his eyes. He gave you an unimpressed look as you laughed.

"Here" you laughed, holding out a hand to pull him up.

He took your hand, but with one hard pull, he pulled you under the waves too. Should have seen that one coming.

You sat up and spat out all the water you managed to swallow.

He laughs at your reaction to the taste of the gross salty water.

"You're so getting it" you said.

"Only if you can catch me"

He suddenly jumped up and dived under the waves.

"Wait! Come back-"

You scrambled up and dived in after him.

Your game of tag lasted almost the whole rest of the time there, only stopping when you packed up, then went to the boardwalk for ice cream.

Freaking L over here got three scoops, one caramel, one rocky road and one mango, with two flakes and sprinkles.

How does he stomach all that?

You just got chocolate like a normal person.

As you walked back to the car, dripping wet, you couldn't help but laugh at that massive hat L had.

"What?" He giggled.

"Your hat is ridiculous" you laughed.

"It keeps my ghostly skin from burning so it kind of has to be massive and stupid"

"True, let me have some of that mango"

He held out his ice cream for you and you locked up some of it. Holy crap it was sweet.

"You are bloody insane, that's like mango but the sweetness is up by like 100%"

"It's good though"

"Yeah it is"

You finally reached the car, claiming into the back seat with L.

"See? It wasn't that bad" you said.

"I guess not... but I'm still covered in freaking sand.. he replied.

"Yeah my hair is all gross now... guess I'll be using like, three bottles of shampoo tonight"

"You know, it was only fun because of you"

"Huh?"

"You made it fun, you're a fun person (y/n)"

You felt your cheeks heat up a little.

"T-thanks"

He looked over at you, with a cute little smile.

"Either your sunburnt or your blushing crazy hard right now"

"I-its sunburn"

"Yeah, sure..."