Markings

A/n: while I'm in the mood for talking about tattoos...

Head canon: if he were to have a tattoo, it'd probably just be his logo. Maybe on the arm (hidden by his sleeves) or the back of the neck (hidden by his hair) or under his shirt somewhere, somewhere that can be hidden.

One thing you never knew about L: he had a tattoo. You didn't expect him to be tattoo kind honestly, and you found out completely by accident. It was midnight, everyone was still awake and working, everyone looked half asleep, even L. He'd started slipping down in his chair as he aimlessly starters at the security cameras.

All was quiet until you head a rip.

You turned to see L had gotten his shirt caught on his chair and ripped it trying to pull it out.

"Good job" you teased.

Now the bottom of his shirt was hanging off.

"Well... that's just great" he said.

That's when you noticed that.

"Wait a second..."

You jumped off your chair and lifted up his shirt.

"(Y/N) WHAT THE-"

"You have a tattoo?"

"Oh that? Yeah"

The top of his boxers was hiding the bottom so you couldn't tell what it was. Without thinking you pulled them down just a little so you could see the tattoo. Making L's cheeks go red.

"(Y-y/n)-"

"Ohhhh it's your logo" you said.

"Yeah? Whats so fascinating about it?" He said.

"You never stuck me as the tattoo type, it suits you though. Did I hurt?"

"Yes, that's why I'm not doing it again. I don't regret it but I'd rather not have needles dragged across my skin again"

"Why your logo?"

"It just looked nice I guess... it was kind of a impulse decision but it turned out pretty cool. Now can you let go of my boxers"

You suddenly realised what you were doing, your cheeks going red. You let go and stepped back.

"Sorry... it's just. I like tattoos, they're cool and you never struck me as the tattoo type"

"Tattoos are pretty cool. I'm not too keen on sleeves, on the right kind of people they can work. But I think maybe one or two is the best way to go" he said.

"Agreed. I'm too scared to get one honestly but there's a few I like the looks of"

"Believe me, once it's over you'll be glad you did it. The pain is temporary. Now I should probably go get a new shirt..."

He turned on his feet and began to walk down the hall, but you got up and followed him, suddenly fascinated by his tattoo.

"Did you cry? Was it that bad?" You asked.

"No, it was painful but I didn't cry" he replied.

"Damn... I'd probably cry. How'd you do it?"

"Dunno. I guess it was the adrenaline"

You followed him upstairs and toward his room.

"What did Watari think?" You asked.

"He was shocked I wanted a tattoo at first, then he didn't really care- why are you following me?" he replied.

"Sorry, I'm just really interested in the whole tattoo thing"

"Well if you want one then definitely get one. Just do your research and plan way ahead of time"

He pulled out one of his meant white shirts and turned to face you.

"You want to see my tattoo again don't you?" He said.

"What no- ok yeah I do"

He laughed and pulled off his ripped shirt, you scanned him down. Honestly the tattoo added to his aesthetic. Like, a lot.

"Wow, you're attractive no matter what aren't you" you said.

"W-what?"

"Like with or without the tattoo you look so good, how can someone be so attractive?"

He pulled on his shirt and felt his cheeks heat up.

"Thanks?" He said.

"Like damn. You're hot"

"Where is this coming from?"

"I guess seeing the tattoo made me realise how much I had to get that off my chest... sorry"

"No that's ok... you can gaze at my tattoo anytime (y/n)"