Swim

A/n: I have so many to get through, so request are going to be closed for a while. Seriously I have about 20 to get through. And most of them are AUs so they'll take a while.

Head canon: L gets worried when you go swimming because once he almost lost you to drowning.

Long ago when you were about 6, you almost drowned. It was during swimming lessons with the other kids at wammys house. You couldn't make the 50m and ended up stuck in the deep end almost drowning.

Since then, you'd gotten over your fear of water that came with the experience and ended up a very strong swimmer. But that didn't stop those around you from worrying.

HQ had a pool, because L is extra as hell and put one him. And one night you decided to take a little swim under the stars. Everyone was asleep, you were the only one. You had the whole pool to yourself.

You put your towel down, and pulled off your shirt to reveal a swimsuit underneath. You were about to jump in when you felt something be pulled over your head.

"What the-"

You looked down to see a inflatable doughnut ring around you, you turned to see L.

"If you're swimming take this, I don't need you in any danger" he said.

You instantly knew what he was on about.

"L is been 11 years. I can swim now" you said.

"I don't want to risk anything"

"Fine, I guess these things are fun to play around with anyway"

And with that you thew the ring in the pool and jumped in, landing in the ring with a splash.

"Don't do that! It scares me..." L said.

"What? Jumping into the pool?" You replied.

He just nodded in response.

"L I'm fine. I can swim now, it was one time in the past"

"I'm not taking any chances"

"Fine you can just stand there and watch me float around for an hour" you said.

"Fine, I will"

"Have fun standing there"

You pushed off the wall and drifted around in your ring, but this was a perfect opportunity to tease the heck out of L. You weren't going to pass this up.

You decided to try and 'surf' on your ring. Stand up on it, feet either side of the middle. You slipped up into tears side of it and caught L's attention.

"(Y/n) what are you doing?"

You put both feet up on the ring.

"(Y/n)..."

You slowly let go of the handles and slightly pulled yourself up, beginning to  balance on the ring.

"(Y/n) please-"

You managed to stand up straight without falling.

"Wooo! I did it!"

"(Y/n), don't do that"

"Why? It's not harming anyone- AHH!"

Just as the words left your mouth you lost your balance and fell backwards into the pool.

"(Y/N)!"

You broke to the surface and cheered.

"Woo! That was awesome!" You said.

"(Y/n) please don't do that, you're stressing me out here" L said.

You swum over to the side of the pool and leaned up against it, L crouched down to your height.

"You're still so worried about that day aren't you? I promise I'm ok. I can swim now, I've passed all stages with a certificate to prove it" you said.

"Yes but it's still risky... you do some dangerous things in the water" he replied.

You sighed, he was really that worried about you? Maybe it was about time you gave him peace if mind.

"Ok, I'll stop. But you've got to stop worrying so much, I'm fine now"

"I just didn't want to lose you, I was terrified if lost you the last time, I don't want that to happen again"

"Aw, honey. Ok,ok, I'll stop... for now"