Surprise visit

A/n: may make a part two for this later.

Head canon: L always hid from your family because of his job and such. But when they payed you a surprise visit, he was exposed.

Today, you and L made a pillow fort.

It was a bloody good fort.

You'd convinced L to take a break from cases so he could unwind. Somehow, honestly you had no idea how you managed to do it, this is L we're talking about. He's so stubborn sometimes.

Right now, you were battling to the death with a toy shark and a toy octopus. You were running around the house like idiots, throwing pillows at each other and laughing your asses off. This was your relationship in a nutshell, work on a case, cuddle, act like dumbasses and occasionally get a little freaky. But it was mostly a soft relationship full of love and affection, and cases, lots of them.

What you didn't expect was your mother, father and brother showing up at your door today.

"YOU CAN'T HIDE FOREVER L!" You yelled, pillow up and on guard.

Suddenly you felt a pillow hit the back of your head. You turned and found L rushing up the stairs.

"GET BACK HERE!"

Suddenly you heard the doorbell.

You turned to the door and opened it, there stood your family.

"What the-"

"Hello (y/n)" your mum said.

"What are you all doing here?"

"We decided to surprise you, we bought your favourite cake" your dad said.

"Oh ok, tha-"

Suddenly you were hit with a pillow.

"One sec- I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL THROW THIS SHARK AT YOU!"

You turned and grabbed the shark, running up the stairs after L.

"PLEASE HAVE MERCY (Y/N)!" L laughed.

"Is that a boy?" (B/n) said.

"Maybe she's finally got a boyfriend?" (M/n) said.

Suddenly a boy with black hair jumped over the railing with a panda toy and dashed down the hall.

"Go into the kitchen, ignore the mess" you said, running after him.

Your family wandered into the kitchen and sat down.

"Good lord what have they done?" (D/n) said upon seeing the mess of pillows.

"AHAHHA NO NOT THE PANDA!" You laughed.

"YOU HIT ME WITH A SHARK!" L yelled back.

Laughter filled the halls and left your family very confused.

"Who is that?" (M/n) said.

"Oh yeah, they're definitely dating" (b/n) said, pointing to some framed pictures on the wall.

Your parents looked up at some framed pictures of you and L on dates. Wondering why they never knew about this.

"Wait what?! Your parents are here?"

They turned their attention down the hall.

"Yeah, I didn't know they were coming sorry"

"What the hell do I tell them?"

"They we're going to meet you eventually"

"Can I... trust them?"

"You can trust me with vital information, you can trust them. If something does go wrong, I take full responsibility and you can even kick me out"