Instagram

Head canon: L has an Instagram. Just for case updates and never posts his face, but loves to tease his fan base with it.

L was the most followed on all of Instagram and no one even knew what he looked like. His feed consisted of cakes, Kira case updates and random pictures of the room he was currently in. Some pictures didn't even have a caption.

His fandom was loyal and determined to see what he looked like, even if they knew he'd never reveal himself.

But occasionally he'd tease his millions of followers by posting a picture of his hand or legs or something, everyone would freak the absolute hell out when they got the smallest peak at what he looked like, even if it was just blue jeans in the picture.

Recently his fandom had been a little confused, everyday for the past month, he'd post a random picture with a countdown, the caption of each photo a number getting smaller and smaller.

And today was the last day, his fandom waited anxiously for the post that explained it.

Even you didn't know what he was going on about and you were literally dating him.

You'd also been waiting for the final picture, the day was half gone and nothing had been posted yet.

You'd been checking fan accounts for him too, looking at theories of what it could be since L wouldn't tell you.

You looked down at your phone, jumping when you saw the notification.

Actually.the.real.L has posted a new picture.

Yeah that was his name, he had to make that one because there were already fan accounts taking all the good names.

You unlocked your phone and saw the picture. He had something in his hand with the caption 'any minute'.

That was it, you had to know what was going on here.

You put you phone in your pocket and started too look around for L, no one had seen him to you checked the picture again, noticing railing in the corner. He was on the roof.

You marched up the stairs and found him leaning against the railing, like he knew you were coming.

"Just what are you up to mister, I've noticed your little pictures, what's this any minute business" you giggled.

"I thought you'd have theories, let's hear them" he said.

"You're arresting Light?"

"I wish, nope"

"You're... doing a face reveal?"

"God no"

"Voice reveal?"

"No"

"Then I don't know"

L smiled and grabbed your hands.

"I guess it's a good thing you don't know, that would ruin the surprise" he said.

"Did you get me a purple sparky limousine?"

"No"

"A dog?"

"No"

"A million dollars?"

"Better"

"What's better than a million dollars?"

"This... (y/n), I think it's about time we do this, we've knows each other for years and I love you more than anything in this world..."

You suddenly had it all click in. That thing in his hand was a box... a ring box.

"Oh my god..."

You watched as he pulled out the box, opened it and dropped to one knee.

"OH MY GOD"

"(Y/n) (l/n), will you marry me?"

You took a moment to stop yourself before you hyperventilated.

"Yes! YES!"

You didn't even wait for him to give you the ring, you just dove on him and pulled him into your arms.

"Oh my god I love you so much..." you smiled.

"I love you too"

You got off him and let him slip on the sapphire and diamond ring that probably cost a fortune. Without thinking you pressed your lips against his and had the best kiss of your life, feeling like it lasted forever.

You couldn't even begin to explain how happy you were.

Smol time skippy.

That night before you went to sleep next to your soon to be husband, you checked for phone.

Actually.the.real.L has posted a new picture.

You tapped on the notification and were taken to his latest post.

A picture of the two of your hands with your fingers interlocked with each other's. You didn't even notice him take the picture.

You looked down at the caption.

She said yes.

You smiled, then scrolling down the the comments. His fan base absolutely dying over the new information they had on L. So many comments congratulating you and so many fangirls freaking about about the fact the worlds greatest detective who no one knew was going to get married.

A new ship sparked in his fandom that day. L x Unknown.

Unknown, you liked that name.

BONUS.

You scrolled through twitter after a long sleep still feeling sore and tried from what had happened yesterday. It had only been a year since you got married but you'd been busy already.

Actually.the.real.L has posted a new picture.

Wow, hospital wifi is bad. That's pretty late.

You tapped on the banner and were bought over to the Instagram app too see a picture of your husbands hand holding a much smaller one, that if his new child. You smiled at the sight, looking over at the detective sleep in a chair next to you and your baby in a crib at the end of your bed.

You scrolled down to the caption.

Go on fandom, update the wiki.

You laughed, scrolling down the the comments.

I hope Unknown is ok.

Congratulations!

I'm so happy for them.

Holy crap L has the time to solve almost 20 cases a day and have a kid? Good job.

Oh my god so cute.

Family goals honestly.

Well done to Unknown for a successful birth!

You smiled at the supportive comments and noticed that the fandom had nicknamed your kid the alphabet baby.

How cute.

You put down your phone and decided to try and go back to sleep.

"L" you said, grabbing his arm and waking him up.

"Hm?"

"Looks like the fandom gave her a name"

"Already?"

"It's the alphabet child"

"Cute"

"I love your fan base, its so supportive" you said, pulling him into the bed next to you.

"It's our fan base now. The second I posted that first picture with you in it, it wasn't just mine anymore" L said tiredly, cuddling up to you.

"I guess so, well, I love our fan base"

"I love our fan base too, but not as much as I love you, nothing can beat that"

"You're such a suck up"