Melodies

Head canon: L can play piano and violin
((If you play piano pretend you don't lol soz))

It's been quiet all day, it's been boring too. This case was such a drag some times, it's hard to keep yourself occupied when there's nothing to do. It's been so boring you hadn't even noticed that L had disappeared form his seat and was no where to be found.

That was until you heard it... piano. A beautiful melody had started playing through the building. You knew the song ad Magnet, a love song. It didn't sound like a recording, so where the hell was it coming from?

The rest of the taskforce seemed to ignore it like they were used to it or something, when when this is the first time it's happened.

You got up and your body seemed to follow the music, down the halls, up the stairs, down another hall until you reached the room it was coming form, a room you didn't even know was in HQ.

There was a grand piano in the centre, a violin on a stand by the wall and a few sheets of music on the floor. And who was at the piano? L.

He was sitting with one leg up and one leg down to reach the pianos pedal keys. You were amazed, was there anything this man couldn't do?

All you knew how to play was Mary had a little lamb. And even then it was pretty bad.

You just stared in amazement, something went on in your brain at that moment, seeing him play the instrument so elegantly and to such a beautiful song seemed to make you fall deeper in love if that's even possible.

The song drew to a close and you just stared in awe.

"Hm? Oh (y/n)" he said, noticing your presence.

"Wow, I didn't know you were so good..." you said.

"Well I thought I should play something so I don't loose my skill... is been years since I stopped lessons"

"Can you play the violin too?" You asked, pointing to the violin.

"Yeah, not as good a piano, but I can still play it"

He picked up the violin and held it under his chin, thinking for a moment for what to play.

Then he began to play a rather old timely sounding tune, like something that would be played at a ball. It had a kind of modern twist though.

That's it, you'd fallen even deeper in love.

Boys who can sing or can play beautiful music are the best.

You listened to him play, the movements looked so elegant, as the bow slid across the strings and created that beautiful noise. When he finished he put the violin back on its stand and turned to face you.

"Holy shit, you're so good!" You said.

"Well 12 years of practice does that to you..."

"12 years? You're committed"

"It could get boring where I grew up at times, I had to occupy myself somehow. Those instruments are just so beautiful sounding, and almost all music created with them sounds like some kind of fairy tale you'd hear as a kid. Classical instruments often produce sound with symbolism, I like that about them, that's why I picked them" he explained.

Oh my god that made playing an instrument sound so cute.

"I'll have to agree, they both have very elegant sounds produced off them" you said.

"So, apart form the sudden piano what brings you here?"

"I heard the music, realised you were gone, followed the music, found you, fell head over heels in love with you for the second time and yeah, that's about it"

"W-wait what? That last one was-"

"Yeah, I know"

He just kind of stood there in shock, now knowing what to say.

"Tell you what, teach me piano, teach me a love song, I'll learn it to prove my love for you" you said.

That's how you got that special song, the one that went with you through dating, the proposal and of course, the wedding.