Spying

A/n: I'll have to put the canon character fact lists in the next book, they're coming though.

Head canon: you sometimes forget there's cameras all over HQ

It silent, everyone was asleep, part from L of course. He was watching the cameras on Light and Misa like a hawk, even though they were both asleep and literally nothing else was happening, he didn't have anything else to do.

He could see a a light turn on over one of the cameras out of the corner of his eye but thought nothing of it. It was probably just someone getting up to get a drink or something. There was the soft sound of music coming from your room, it had been playing for a while but you'd been silent, trying to sleep.

But you'd given up, you just couldn't sleep and when you heard your favourite song come on you just completely forgot about the cameras and started jamming out like an idiot.

It was only when the cameras picked up your singing, L noticed.

He turned his attention to the monitors showing your room and saw your fairy lights illuminating the room as you danced around your room.

He turned the volume up a bit and began to hear your singing more clearly.

That was his favourite song...

Like sailor being drawn to a siren, he found himself creeping up to your room. He looked through the crack on the slightly open door, smiling at your idiocy as you performed a sold out tour for your stuffed animals.

It was rather cute.

He pushed the door slightly more open and leaned against the doorframe, waiting for you to notice him.

Your flicked your hair, using a hairbrush as a microphone as you jumped around to the beat. As he sing drew to a close, your spin on your heels, ready to strike a final pose.

Only to be met with L smirking at you.

You jumped and dropped your hairbrush.

"How long have you been there?!" You asked.

"You seem to forget there's cameras all over the place" he replied.

"Shit..."

Dumbass, how can you forget about the cameras?

"You know, you're actually a pretty good singer"

"Ha, no"

"Seriously, and... that was my favourite song, you've done it justice" he said.

"S-shut up, I'm not that good..." you replied.

You picked up your hair brush as he walked over to you. When you stood up to reach his height again, you saw he'd held out a hand for you.

"You know, you'll have a bigger stage out in the monitor room..."

It was 1 in the morning when Misa heard the thumping of a bass over a speaker from downstairs. She got curious as to what the hell it was, so she decided to wander downstairs to see what was going on.

As she got closer she could hear singing. Two people screaming along to the music at the top of their lungs.

She peeked around the corner, looking for the source of the noise, only to see something she'll remember forever.

You and L, in your pyjamas, singing into a hairbrush and jumping around like drunk teens at a high school party.

"Awww..." she cooed.

She always knew you two had a thing for each other.

A/n 2: I've gotta ask.
What are your opinions on Melanie Martinez? Since she's kind of active again I thought I'd ask.

I know about all the allegations against her and all, do you believe them?

I'm very neutral. I like her music (and her clothes) and I can't deny she's a talented person and I still listen to her but because she's been in so much shit I don't really like saying I like her bc I get attacked for it.

I don't believe Melanie or the alleged victim. I want an offical court document to have an opinion. But I enjoy her songs so I still listen to her.

My opinion is basically, if it's true, then I won't support, if it's not, then I will. Until we know 100% I'll just continue like nothing happened.

But I'm curious as to see what others think, so if you know her, what are your opinions? And plz don't hate me for liking her, she's got talent ok?