Analying L - Is he a good person?

There's been a few arguments over wether L was a good person or not, people are saying he has no moral codes or respect for people.

Here's what I think.

Is he a good person? Yes and no. It's no secret that he did some questionable things in order to solve the case (pick pocketing Misa, Locked Misa up in bad conditions etc) but the good seems to outweigh the bad. He's stopping criminals and locking them up, which is the good. The bad part of him is the, part that ties into his moral code.

It seems he's morally grey, he had limits, but they're flexible. He won't go too far, but he's willing to go to great lengths. This is where the Lind L Tailor argument comes in. Some say it was horrible that he used a person as Kira bait, BUT Lind L Tailor WAS on death row anyway, he was a criminal, he was going to die that day regardless if it was Kira or not. L just had him die help the Kira case go forward, in a twisted sense, he died for a decent cause.

Yes, L did some stuff that can't be swept under the rug, but the good outweighs the bad. By going to those lengths he saved one innocent people out there that may have been targeted by Kira. He does respect people up to some extent, like he he let Mr. Yagami monitor his family when his house was under surveillance, and didn't let anyone apart from him, obviously because he was the detective that put Light under suspicion in the first place.

L does think of other people, he's so protective of himself because if he wasn't he'd die, and if he were to die (well... you know... earlier) then who would serve the justice? Yes there's Mello and Near, and while they did avenge L and catch Kira in the end, that whole mess of L dying delayed catching Kira for years.
He's not up himself he's just protecting himself, it's a human instinct.

If you want to see my reasons why L definitely had emotions, that's all in my last book, and my anime theories book.

So is L a good person?

He's in the grey, he's fighting for justice, BUT, he is not afraid to go to great lengths to achieve said justice.

Plus, a character doesn't have to be a good person to be a good character.

We're still allowed to love the characters.