Metal

A/n: I found a bunch of people that love this head canon, I can't see it that much but since it's so popular I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon. With a little twist... heard of baby metal? (I put song of theirs in the media)

Head canon: L likes metal music.

It was the middle of the night and you just couldn't sleep. No matter how hard you tried, so when you started to hear drums from upstairs it didn't bother you, it just made you curious.

First, since when did taskforce have drums?

Second, who plays drums?

Third? Who's into metal?

You could hear not only drums but a guitar too. You decided to get up and go look for the source of the noise.

You walked through all the halls until you got to the stairs that lead up to L's floor.

"No way? L's into metal?"

You started to climb the stairs, but as you got closer you began to recognise the song.

'IS THAT KARATE? THE BABYMETAL SONG?' You thought to yourself as you picked up the pace, wanting to see what was going on.

You reached the top of the stairs and peered through the crack in the door.

And there it was, a sight you never thought you'd ever see. Also one you never knew you needed until now.

There he was, L smashing a drum kit, babymetal playing the background. He was really into it, furiously whacking the drum sticks against the cymbals, using his whole body not just his arms to force the ticks against the skin of the drum.

Maybe this was why he was so strong? Drum players tend to have amazing upper body strength.

You just stared in shock, you had no idea L would be into metal... or baby metal for that matter.

Baby metal was literally anime girls voices meet heavy metal, you either love it for hate it, but you never thought L would be into it.

As the song drew to a close he thew the drum sticks against the crash cymbals. Catching his breath from all the energy he'd just used, sweat dripping down his face, drumming that furiously is hard work.

"You can come in you know?"

Oops, busted.

You opened the door and walked inside.

"I never in my life thought you'd be into metal, let alone baby metal. Also since when could you play drums?" You said.

"Well, to answer those questions... first, I started drums when I was 6. Second, I like metal because it's the genre that uses drums the most. Third, I'm not massively keen on scremo or death metal, so when I found baby metal it just kind of clicked. They had the drums I liked, but no hardcore screeching" he explained.

"Well, that makes sense. What possessed you to play drums in the middle of the night?"

"Oh... did I wake you?"

"No, I was already awake. It was just a shock to hear aggressive drumming in the middle of the night"

"Well, if you don't keep playing, you'll loose your skill. The case is at a low right now so I thought it'd be a good time to make sure the skill sticks"

You let everything sink in for a second. L??? The L??? The seemingly emotionally, monotonous detective, liked metal??? You still couldn't fully wrap your head around it.

"You ok?"

You snapped back into reality at his words.

"Huh? Oh yeah! I'm just kind of... shocked, if that's the world for 'tis situation, that you if all people like metal" you said.

"Looks can be deceiving" he replied.

"Sure can"

"Well, since you're up here, what me to teach you?"

"UM YES!"

He sat you on the stool and briefly went over that drum was what.

There was the kick drum, the tom toms, the snare, hi-hat cymbal, crash cymbal, and ride cymbal.

He gave you some sticks and the night lesson kicked off.

Long story short, he ended up having to hold your hands in his hand guide you in where to hit.

It was fun.

A/n: idk what they ending was 😂.
Fun fact: I used I play drums, I had to stop because I moved from a farm to a normal street and it would have been too loud for me to continue since the neighbours were so close and we'd get noise complaints.

Also random thing,

YA LIKE MY PANTZ

Odd angle but it's the best I could do lol