Time

Head canon: Sometimes you feel like a burden to L and it can cause arguments sometimes.

"L, I know it's kind of late but there's a new movie I want to see, can you came with me?" You asked, exited for the squeal to your favourite movie.

"I'm sorry (y/n), I can't" he replied.

"Please? It's only for an hour"

"The case is my top priority, you know that"

"I know, I know. It's just... you e been working for three weeks straight now, you have to take a break sooner or later..."

"I don't have the time for a break"

"But-"

"No, (y/n) I don't have time for this"

"I just want to spend some time with you, we haven't been able to see each other for months-"

"Well I'm afraid you'll have to get used to it"

This was staring to hurt...

"But-"

"(Y/N) I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS"

You were caught off guard my his raised voice.

"I'M YOUR GIRLFRIEND! I JUST WANT TI SPEND SOME TIME WITH YOU!" You snapped back.

"GIRLFRIEND OR NOT I HAVE TO WORK!"

"FOR THREE WEEKS STRAIGHT?!"

"YES! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR YOU!"

That's stung... really bad. You stood there in silence for a moment.

"Y-you don't have time for me?" You said, your voice braking.

"YES! NOW PLEASE JUST LET ME WORK!"

You felt tears start to fall down your cheeks. So that's how he felt huh? Maybe this whole thing was just a bad idea...

"You don't have time? I get it... I suppose you never cared about me anyway..."

With that you turned and left in a fit of sadness and rage.

You didn't want to be in taskforce anymore, yes it was late but you knew you could go many places to be alone where no one would find you.

It's late night shopping after all.

You stormed down the street and decided to try and take your mind of things by aimlessly walking around the shops.

You were drawing attention to yourself because of the tears sure, but you didn't really care. Plus, you couldn't stop them.

You sobbed and walked into the shopping centre, then turning into a clothes shop and aimlessly looking through the jumpers.

You couldn't get it out of your head... 'I don't have time for you.'

Has he ever? Did he even care about you? Why was he even with you if he can't seem to find time or compassion for you?

You tried to stop the tears but it just cases a pain in the back of your throat and you just had to let them fall. Your makeup from Misa's little makeover earlier was probably a mess.

"Excuse me?"

You turned to see a store worker next to you.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"I- um- y-yeah?" You said, trying to wipe your tears away.

"I know I'm just a stranger... but I'm kind of worried... are you sure?"