Subtle

A/n: anyone remember badly drawn death note ^^^. Anyway idk what this one is but I found it funny.

Head canon: L's rich, enough said. His job means he's freaking loaded, so all of those plain clothes he wears are actually designer.

Conversation has wandered away from Kira today and ended up on many rand things.

It started with Kira, then went to movies that were coming out, then planes, then figurines, then glow in the dark planets and now it was money.

You had no idea what the conversation had become but you didn't really care too much.

"Actually now that I think about it, how the hell did L even afford to just randomly build a taskforce HQ?" Matsuda asked.

"He's the worlds greatest detective! He's rich duh!" Misa said.

"True, he must be like, a multimillionaire because of this job, I wonder how much the police pay him to solve their cases? That's if he doesn't take them himself" Light added.

"Must be loads, and if he's off the grid and no one knows who he is, he probably doesn't even have to play taxes" you added.

"God I wish that were me" Matsuda said.

"All that and he still wears the same boring plain clothes and spends half his earnings on candy" Misa said.

That made you curious. If he had all this money, why didn't he buy fancy clothes? Like good quality cool looking clothes. Instead he just wears the same plain outfit.

"Hey L?" You said.

"Yeah?"

"You're rich right?"

"Well... I guess?" He replied.

"Why don't you use some of that money to buy fancy clothes?"

"I do"

"Bullshit, you wear the same thing every day"

"Check the tag on my shirt if you don't believe me"

You got up and pulled at the back of his shirt to read the tag.

"Holy shit... that's worth more than my life savings" you said.

"What is it?" Light asked.

"Limited edition Gucci"

"WHAT"

"All my shirts are Gucci, why is that surprising?" L said.

How can he say that so casual?

All of his plain white long sleeved shirts are Gucci? What the hell? This was L, so you wouldn't question why he buys JUST plain shirts, because he's L, that's just a thing he does.

"You're so fucking loaded if you can afford all that... that watch, its Rolex isn't it?" You said.

"Yeah? Why is this surprising?"

"Because usually when you buy designer clothes you get something with the logo on it so everyone knows you're rich and all that. I honestly thought you just shopped at target or something"

"No, I like my clothes comfortable so I always get the best quality fabric available"

This man?????

"And the jeans?"

"Rosewholesale"

"YOU'RE WEARING MORE THAN MY ENTIRE TUITION FROM UNIVERSITY, YET YOU TRICK ME INTO THINKING ITS TARGET OR SIME SHIT" you exclaimed.

"I don't understand why this is a big deal?" He said.

You were shook, that's why, this man is so rich it's insane.

"It's just- you're literally worth more than my whole life savings and I find that mind blowing. I am not only in the presence of the best detective ever, but I'm in the presence of a multimillionaire and he's not looking down on me like I'm some target-shopping loser and actually likes me? I'm just... shook?" You explained.

"Well, ok then?"

L was so confused.

"I just find it shocking that I'm wearing shoes, a shirt, jumper, leggings and socks valued at $30 and you're literally wearing just a plain shirt and jeans valued at $30,000"

"You're shocked to see the value of clothes compared to the quantity of what were wearing?"

"Yes!"

"Understandable"

You loved L and all, but you didn't understand him sometimes.

This boy is dripping fortune, this boy had been subtlety flexing on you this entire time and you didn't know. This boys shirt is literally worth more than your car.

"You know if you want something I can get it for you" he said.

"Huh?"

"If you want something designer I'll get it for you, I don't mind"

"Oh no you don't-"

"(Y/n) you said it yourself, I'm worth millions of dollars, I'll happily throw some away on you"

You loved this man holy heck.

"But-"

"Seriously"

You couldn't resist, you caved. You'd been wanting a really cool pair of boots for a while now...

"Well... there is this one pair of boots I want..."

Thank god L doesn't have an ego or being a millionaire would be really bad for him and everyone around him.

Just think.

You've been dating him for almost a year and only just find out he's rich as hell.

And wears Gucci shirts.