Prank war

Head canon: L never falls for your lies, but will fall for your pranks

You were quite the prankster around HQ, everyone would always be careful when you were around so they wouldn't fall victim to your tricks. But they'd usually fall for them anyway.

Today you decided that whoever ran into the plastic you put on the door first would be your target for today.

Everyone had made it down to the monitor room without running into it but Misa, L and Light who were upstairs getting Misa up and dragging her downstairs.

And the unlucky person would be whoever failed to notice the plastic at the door.

You heard their voices outside and watched the door, waiting to see who it'd be.

L approached the door, not looking where he was going and suddenly ran into the plastic and fell backward, taking the plastic with him.

You heard Light and Misa start laughing and giggled a little yourself.

"Ok haha very funny" he said, getting up and continuing with his day.

He got straight to work and tuned everyone out, when you suddenly got an idea.

You grabbed that massive jar of sugar from his table of sweets and took it to the kitchen, switching all that sugar with salt.

And old trick, but a good one.

You put it back and waited.

Not even five minutes had passed when he grabbed the jar and poured half of it into his tea, stirring it with a lollipop. You watched eagerly as he took a sip and immediately choked on it at the taste. You tried not to laugh as he grabbed a bottle of water to wash it down.

"Ok seriously whoever did that, that's not cool" he said.

You just sat there trying not to laugh as he went to get actual sugar this time. You got the feeling he knew it was you, but didn't want to tell you off in front of everyone.

You needed another prank, he was gone and it was the perfect time to strike.

You quickly grabbed a sticky note and wrote 'haha' on it and stuck it to the bottom of his computer mouse so it wouldn't register the movement and his curser wouldn't move.

He came back and you just watched everything play out.

He grabbed the mouse and tried to move it. When he saw it didn't work, he shook it a little harder, then hit it against his hand. He unplugged it and then plugged it back in, then whacked it against the table.

Then he noticed.

He turned the mouse over and saw the sticky note. He let out a sight if frustration and scrunched it up.

Ok he was getting annoyed now... maybe one more prank to finish it off.

You smirked as the idea filled your mind. You got up un-noticed and went to the kitchen. You found some Oreos and grabbed them from the cupboard, you ran upstarts to your bathroom and grabbed the toothpaste.

You spent five minutes scraping out the Oreo cream and eating it yourself, replacing it with toothpaste. You sealed the box back up like nothing was wrong and left it on L's table of sweets.

It didn't kick in for a while, but when you saw him open that box you knew you were going to have a good laugh.

You watched him grab a handful and stuff them in his mouth - instantly regretting it.

You held in your laugher as you watched him almost choke on them and spit them into the bin.

It was silent for s moment as you tried not to laugh.

"(Y/n), can I talk to you? IN PRVATE" he said.

Uh oh, you've pissed him off. You still thought it was funny.

"Ok"

You followed him into the other room and you could just feel the anger radiating off him.

"Explain yourself" he said.

"It was funny"

"IT WAS FUNNY?"

"You could have avoided it if you never ran into the plastic. I told myself whoever ran into the plastic was who I'd prank today" you explained.

"Well could you maybe NOT?"

"Hmm, I could, but I won't"

"You frustrate me (y/n)... this won't go un-punished"

"I frustrate you huh?"

"Yes you frustrate me"

"And I'll be punished?"

He looked you dead in the eye and gave you an angry smirk.

"Yes, you'll be punished alright"