Toy

Head canon: To L, you're irreplaceable.

Apparently to your current man, you're an object. That's just wonderful isn't it?

You'd fallen out if love with him ages ago, but he just wouldn't let you leave, even though he treats you like a toy. He plays with your for a while and then drops you and does something else.

You wanted to leave but every time you try to leave he somehow makes you stay.

In fact, you had actually broken up with him, but he pretends it never happened and ignores it, you were still in his place, because you were in the process of finding somewhere to move out to and my god had it been stressful.

You were sooooo done with him playing with your emotions and you'd just had enough.

That's why a while ago, you started dating L. You met through work and ended up being freaking soulmates, it was love at first sight. He knew of your situation and was helping you with moving out of your ex's place and into HQ. Over the months you'd been slowly taking your things over to HQ every time you went to work and today all you had to bring was your last lot of stuff.

Toothbrush, hairbrush, last few pairs of clothes and some shoes. Easy enough.

Once you left for work today, you wouldn't be coming back. You'd tried to explain that to your ex for ages but he still doesn't want to accept you're not his toy.

"Where the hell are you going?" He asked as you approached the front door.

"To work, unlike you, I have a life" you replied, leaving the house and jumping on your bike.

"Can't you just miss today? I want you now"

"No, I have to get paid. I'm not your toy, just accept we're over already"

"Come on babygirl"

"Don't call be that, I have to go, bye"

Without another word, you took off on your bike down the street, peddling down the road and around the corner into the city.

After a few stops at traffic lights, you made it to HQ where you took your bike into the front room and went upstairs to the main room where you found the taskforce.

"Guess who's here for good!" You said, walking in.

"Hey, you've finally finished moving?" Misa said.

"Yep, no more living with my dick of an ex!"

"It'll be so much fun having another girl around here"

"Sure will. Where's L?"

"Upstairs"

"Ok, I'll see you in a bit"

You went upstairs where you found L spinning in his chair, bored of watching the cameras.

"I'm here for good" you said.

He stopped spinning and almost fell off his chair from the whiplash.

"About time" he replied, walking over to you and pulling you into a hug.