Fight it

Head canon: even in the worst times, you manage to pull through for L.

It had been a nice day, you'd been out with L, on a little date to take a break from the Kira case.

It was late and you were heading back, but things took an unexpected turn.

You we're walking down a very quiet street almost back at HQ. When suddenly the both of you were grabbed from behind. You screamed in response, L instantly kicking into capoeira mode and trying to break free.

They must have been trying to rob you both, you did have a few bags on you after all. You frantically kicked and thrashed around, trying to break free and help L, who was still trying to get out.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" You exclaimed.

"SHUT IT, IF YOU WANT TO LIVE" the guy yelled back.

"GET OFF! IM A POLICE OFFICER I CAN GET YOU ARRESTED!" L exclaimed.

"The skinny one thinks he's tough huh?"

He suddenly broke free and kicked the guy that grabbed him right in the face, sending them stumbling back. You still struggled to break free.

"You'll pay for that!"

L instantly squared up for a fight, and soon there was a full on brawl between the two.

You were pinned to the ground, your only thought was to scream and hope someone near by would hear and call for help. You could now see there were 3 guys, one going through the bags you'd dropped, one fighting L and one holding you down.

"GET OFF YOU WHORE!" You exclaimed in a fit of rage.

Suddenly L was thrown to the ground with a loud thud.

"RYUZAKI!" You exclaimed.

"What do you say we play around with his girl right in front of him?"

Oh no.

"I think we should"

SHIT.

Suddenly you felt your leggings being pulled at.

"GET OFF YOU FUCKING PERVERT!"

"(Y/N)!" L exclaimed, trying to scramble over to you, only to be smashed into the ground.

"Keep quiet or we'll do you too!" One of the men said.

Sick fucking perverts, they did not just threaten to do that to L, trying to take advantage of you is one thing, but your BOYFRIEND?! HELL NO.

"YOU DON'T FUCKING TOUCH HIM!" You exclaimed, kicking the guy in the face.

That seemed to have been the wrong thing to say, because that caused the other guy to start pulling at L's belt.

"NO STOP IT!" He exclaimed.

You snapped.

NO ONE TOUCHES YOUR MAN.

With all your strength, you pulled against the guy holding you down, even though it caused you to have your leggings ripped off. You didn't care if you had to fight in your underwear if it meant L was safe.

You scrambled to your feet, grabbing the closest thing you could find, which happened to be a tree branch. And with one powerful swoop, you hit the man over the head.

You swung at the man that was holding L down. He stumbled back, L unable to find the energy to get up after being smashed into the ground.

The other guy that was going through your bags decided to run, good, you didn't need more competition.

So there you were, almost midnight, in your panties, whacking some guys with a tree branch.

"NO ONE TOUCHES THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!"

You hit them both again, sending them to the ground. You walked over and stomped on each of the necks, repeatedly bringing the tree branch down on both of them.

"FUCK YOURSELVES YOU FILTHY RAPISTS! GO FUCKING CHOKE ON A WHALES DICK! EAT SHIT! FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!"

L watched in awe at your sudden strength. Trying to get up, his nose was bleeding, probably broken, he had a black eye, and cuts all over his face.

You knocked them out cold, but whacked them a couple more times to be sure they stayed down.

You dropped the branch and quickly grabbed your bag, pulling L to his feet and bolting back to HQ before they could get up again.

You burst through the doors, locking them and dragging a half conscious L up the stairs. You opened the door to the monitor room and the both of you collapsed the second you got in there.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Misa exclaimed.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU TWO!?" Matsuda asked.

You sat up, pulling L up with you.

"We got jumped, robbed and almost fucking raped! I beat the fuckers with a branch but one got away, they're on the corner of smith street" you puffed.

"WHAT?!"

"I'LL GET A POLICE CAR!"

And with that the taskforce ran off to arrest the men. Now L was completely out, you pulled him up and dragged him into your bathroom were you cleaned up his cuts and put some ice over his eye. His nose looked broken, he must be in pain.

You knew taking him to a hospital would be a real haste, you'd have to provide his ID, something he didn't have, being L and all.

But he could be seriously hurt so you decided to do it anyway.

You just had to put on some pants first.

A few hours later.

You sat at the end of the hospital bed and watched the news report about your attackers being a arrested.

"I've never seen you fight like that" L said, now awake, on pain meds and with a fixed up nose, bandaids over it for reassurance.

"I wasn't going to let them hurt you more than they already had" you said.

"Where did all that strength come from?"

"Adrenaline I guess, but you're ok now so that's all that matters"

"Are you sure you're ok?" He asked.

"I'm fine, just a few bruises and a little traumatised but hey, we're safe now" you replied.

"Thanks for jumping in, I owe you"

"You don't owe me anything, I love you and I wanted to make sure you were ok, I wasn't going to just let them have their way"

"You're the best girl a guy could ask for"

You just smiled as your cheeks began to heat up.

"Shut up..."