L week - day 2

Day 2 - first date.

It's been almost a month working on the Kira case with L, it's been hectic that's for sure, so many files and leads to track. Your sleep pattern went down the drain and so had your social life, but you honestly don't mind since L was actually very fun to hang around. You had already figured out that you had a little crush on him, but you didn't it interfere with the case. L himself said to try and not let feelings interfere, and he was right, although sometimes it was a little hard.

You were lying on the floor, sitting papers into the right files while listening to some music on a low volume as tinnitus disturb any of the taskforce. Some were asleep and some were busy with lots of important tracking.

You'd been there for a while, sitting on that hotel floor could get a little boring but hey, this was all for a grater cause right?

Meanwhile L was watching suspects over the security cameras he'd placed in the suspects houses. It seemed boring, that's why you decided to file papers instead of watching people sleep.

L seemed a little out of it lately, you thought it just must have been lack of sleep.

But you were so wrong, L was out of it for a completely different reason.

He'd caught feelings for you.

At least that's what he thought, he didn't really know since he'd never been in love before, but he looked it up and apparently caring deeply for someone, thinking their pretty and wanting to protect them was a sign of having a crush.

Even though he was still trying to figure love out, he knew it was you that he was in love with. It was almost like the five stages of grief when he found out.

At first he tried to deny it, thinking it was impossible for him to catch feelings.

Then he angry at himself for catching feelings during an important case.

Then it was bargaining, he ended up thinking he could find a way out of it somehow by playing with his feelings, but it didn't work. Although he was glad it didn't.

Then depression, he was doubtful and upset, thinking you were way out if his league and that it would just never work out.

And finally, acceptance. He'd accepted the fact he was head over heels for you and desperately wanted you in his life.

At first he didn't know what a relationship meant, but after finding out it meant good morning kisses, late night cuddles and someone to trust and be with, he knew he wanted it.

After growing up with no love, apart from the fatherly love that Watari game him, he seemed to cave some kind of affection deep down, he never noticed it until you came along. You were like a godly being to him. You were the only one that could make the otherwise 'emotionless' person he was, feel affection.

The only problem was he had no idea how to be a boyfriend. Or how to ask you to he his girlfriend.

But he thought a date would be a good first step, there's no rushing love. It's just... he didn't know how to ask you out.

"Aww... I liked that album"

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked over at you who was reaching for a phone charger. He figured your phone died in the middle of a good song.

He looked over at the clock, it was 12:37 at night. He looked beside him, Mr Yagami was asleep, watching cameras could be boring. He looked at the cameras, the house was quiet and dark, no one was awake.

He then looked back at you, who was still awake and lively, piling papers into the right places.

Now was his chance.