L week - day 3

Day 3 - first kiss.

It's been about six weeks since you started dating L, it's been on the down low that's for sure, no one at taskforce knew. You honestly didn't mind if they knew but you could tell L was a little scared about people finding out, you weren't going to rush him.

So far its been great.

L kept saying that he had no idea how to he a boyfriend, but he sure as hell was a great one. He always saved you the last slice of cake, he'd been taking you out to parks and cafes every Sunday, he'd hugged you goodnight every night so far, and he was always saying how much you mean to him.

It wasn't exactly clingy, he gave you space, but it was certainly affectionate of him.

He seemed to be opening up a lot too, to begin he was very quiet about his life and feelings, but now he tells you little details and talks to you about life when things get hectic or boring. Who knows? Maybe one day you'll find out his name, you always thought it would be a really pretty name.

One thing you hadn't done is kiss, but you weren't going to rush him. It's pretty obvious he's never been in a relationship before. You'd dated a few jerks in the past, but L was a clean slate, he didn't have any experience.

You were sitting beside him, watching the security cameras of footage from the train station, where a FBI agent recently died because of Kira. You were looking for any clues.

"Man this is a drag, I seriously thought something would have happened by now" you said.

"There's got to be something, there must be" L mumbled to himself, staring at the screens.

You leaned up against him and pulled out your phone, checking the time and finding it was 11:23. Almost lunchtime.

You looked over at the screen again, all it was was people walking.

You looked around the room, the rest of the taskforce were typing away at their computers, getting files done and tacking leads.

You didn't have anything to do except watch trains come and go over the security footage.

You sighed and turned to wrap your arms around L's waist. He'd gotten used to your touch now. At first hugs made him tense up and be shocked for a moment, but by now he's gotten used to it.

You sighed, catching L's attention.

"What's wrong? You seem distressed" he asked.

"Nah... I'm just bored" you replied, leaning against his shoulder.

"I know this is boring, but it's got to be done"

"Yeah, I know. I just want the clues to show up already"

It was silent for a while as you both gazed at the screens.

"(Y/n)?"

"Yeah?"

"What exactly are couple pet names?" He asked.

"Oh, they're like cute nicknames you call your significant other, like honey it sweetheart" you explained.

He put his thumb against his mouth as he though for a moment.

"Would you like a nickname?" He asked.

"If you feel the need to give me one then sure, I'll go for anything really"

You watched him think for a moment.

"Angel"

"Angel?"

"Angel, that seems to fit you rather well considering your kind nature and personality"