166

Chapter 166: A Wave Rises Again

Yu Zhiwen left, Shen Liang didn't want to continue to stay on the bed, got up and lifted the quilt the moment, and was coldly forced to retract back into the quilt.

At this time, 009, who heard Yu Zhiwen leave, ran out of the farm, and he didn't feel much cold, and still came out wearing only a sweater.

"Host, today the system prompts to cool down, about minus twenty-five degrees, pay attention to keep warm."

-25 degrees below zero? Is it already so low.

Shen Liang somewhat understood why Yu Zhiwen hurried out, this kind of weather was much more powerful than the previous sky of minus ten degrees.

If it is placed on the earth in the past, minus 30 degrees is not a big deal, the earth at that time had heating and air conditioning, but the current situation, let alone heating, is that there is no thermostat.

"No wonder it's so cold." Shen Liang said.

009 accidentally climbed to Shen Liang's bedside: "Is the host cold?" Isn't the thermostat turned on?

Shen Liang took him over and put him next to the bed, and began to slowly put on his sweater: "At this temperature, turning on the thermostat does not have much effect, the thermostat is not heating, at most it can only be kept warm to minus ten degrees, and it will not work up, or you need heating."

"I remember having a heater at home." 009 Road.

Shen Liang shook his head: "There is a thermostat at home and it is not very cold, the heating does not need to be turned on, that thing is too wasteful, and now in the base, there is still a tough battle to fight."

In this kind of cold weather, it is far from enough to rely on the little coal distributed every day in the base.

After putting on a constant temperature trench coat and going downstairs, Shen Liang smoothly uncovered the calendar hanging on the wall, which already showed February 3rd, proving that this was the second month since the beginning of winter.

Earlier, Yu Zhiwen was not there, Shen Liang was too lazy to do it, and exchanged points for breakfast with 009, but his mind was not here at all.

After thinking about it, he still didn't bother Yu Zhiwen and them, but called Long Key, who had always been very well-informed.

"Hey, Manager Shen." Long Key's voice was confused, and he obviously hadn't woken up yet.

Shen Liang knew that his communication was not timely, so he wanted to hang up, but he was picked up by another person halfway.

"Hey, Manager Shen, I'm Long Zheng." Long Zhengdao, "My sister is sleeping, you tell me something, and when she wakes up, I will relay it to her."

"It's okay, I just wanted to ask something, it's better for you."

Long Zheng glanced at his sister in the room, walked outside the door and closed it, only then whispered, "I think I know what you want to ask."

"That's good, I won't talk nonsense." Talking to Long Zheng, Shen Liang didn't have to be too oblivious, "What was the lowest temperature in the past winter?"

Long Zheng walked to his desk, looked at the information on the table and flipped through: "28 degrees, the last day of last winter."

"But it's 25 degrees today." Shen Liang's tone was slightly heavy.

Long Zheng was silent for a moment and said, "We can't do anything about this, everything we can do has already been done."

This is also, Shen Liang sighed, and then seemed to think of something: "Is there anything big in the base today?"

"Yes, I heard that there is a problem with the food supply." Long Zhengdao, "This matter is not big or small, before the grain was helped by the planting base, but recently it was too cold and had to stop production, and it would not be available for a while." Hearing

that it was a food problem, Shen Liang was relieved in his heart, maybe for other bases, it was a big deal to run out of food, but it was not a big problem for him.

Ten thousand steps back, as long as he is there, the grain of a base, he can take it out alone.

After all, his farm's warehouses were already full.

"It's okay, I still have a lot of inventory on my farm." Shen Liang calmed down.

Long Zheng was also relieved a lot in his heart, and made a rare joke: "I am relieved when you say so, and I was originally thinking about whether to continue to sell grain to other bases."

"Sell, of course you have to sell." Shen Liang said with a smile, "Our base is short of food, and other bases are even more uncomfortable, they are all very rich, so take advantage of the present to quickly dig out."

Long Zheng agreed: "I also think it's reliable." Hanging

up the communication, Shen Liang's heart was a little more secure, and it happened that Yu Zhiwen also called in at this time, and the first sentence was: "It's okay, don't worry too much."

Then he told Shen Liang the general situation.

"I just asked Long Zheng, I know some, let's not talk about the cooling, how is the stored grain?"

Yu Zhiwen was silent for a while, and said, "I can still hold on for the time being, but I don't know when the winter will end, and besides, the base can't always supply food to everyone, and the cost is too big."

Shen Liang also understands this, in fact, this is also true, it is only a matter of time before the outer and inner layers of food are cut off, and the base can't always feed them.

They have been relieving them for so long, much better than other bases.

Raising a base of bloodsucking insects is not their original intention.

The outer base, because of the sudden cooling, many frail old people died in one morning, and as for children and pregnant women, they had been taken to a special place by Xiao Que, who had the foresight earlier, so that they could grow up healthy.

Of course, the reason for this is also so that in the future they can have more sense of belonging to the base and not be a white-eyed wolf.

Everyone shrunk into their warmest quilt, breathing lightly, for fear of exhaling all the heat in their bodies, so there was a dead silence in the entire outer layer.

On the first day of the cooling, dozens of people died.

The next day, the number increased to hundreds, and on the third day,

the number of people who froze to 300.

Day four, day five...

On the sixth day, the situation improved.

Perhaps under pressure, some people made their own kang, and many people will.

For a time, the base was full of people who were busy making kang, and it was not that no one had touched the idea of making kang before, but they gave up because there was not enough fuel, but this year is different.

After hearing this news, Shen Liang was quite surprised, now the temperature in winter has continued to drop, today it is minus 30 degrees, there is no way, not only the old people and the weak are frozen to death.

It can be seen that no matter how the temperature drops, in order to survive, people can have their own coping methods.

In the third month of winter, the base cut off food subsidies.

Surprisingly, not many people really shouted and protested because of this action of the base. Most people silently accept this fact and then look for various jobs in the base to support themselves.

More people still have food in advance, and they break it up every day to save money and save money.

Perhaps because most of them understand that there is no first place compared to the new baseThe two bases can do so dedication.

But despite this, famine came.