167

Chapter 167: Ushering in the New Year

Shen Liang followed Yu Zhiwen to work in the base, Xiao Que and Sun Shui were together, he and Yu Zhiwen sat together, and everyone else came and went very quietly.

"Drink some water." Shen Liang didn't look at it for a while, Yu Zhiwen felt sorry for him, took away the document in his hand, and handed him a cup of hot water with just the right temperature.

Shen Liang was helpless, as if no matter how powerful he was, in his eyes, he would always be a teenager who was easily injured.

"The famine has begun again." Looking at the documents that were taken away by him, Shen Liang said.

"Hmm." Yu Zhiwen is not a surprise, this is what happens every winter.

"Manager Shen, don't worry about this, famine occurs every year, and we already have a way to deal with it." Xiao Que said with a smile.

Shen Liang looked over curiously: "What way."

"Just send more superpowers." Xiao Que said.

Shen Liang was still a little confused at first, but then his eyes suddenly lit up and he understood what he meant.

"That... That's it. The

base is not a philanthropist, and it is impossible to always provide them with food, although these are conditional goodwill. But most people will not live to the day when he is perfect.

At the beginning of the fourth month of winter, temperatures warmed up, but famine broke out.

On the way, someone finally came out to dangle, they tried to put everything they could eat into their mouths, the ground of the base was already nothing, and now it looks even bare.

These people walked past like locusts crossing the border.

A skinny young man was staggering down the street, when suddenly he jerked his head up, flew at the equally hungry groggy man in front of him, and bit him on the neck. The others on the road immediately dispersed, watching from a distance as the two fell to the ground and struggled along the ground.

Perhaps the two were very hungry and did not have much strength, so they pestered until the base guards came here to separate the two.

Everyone then realized that the person who bit had bitten off a large piece of flesh and blood in his mouth, and his expression was in a trance, and he kept chewing that piece of meat.

Shen Liang witnessed everything on the upstairs windowsill of the Hunters Association.

That's why it was necessary to send more people.

In the famine, the only thing that can be eaten is human flesh, and if it is frozen to death and other dead humans, they will eat it, and the base will not control it. But deliberately killing living people to fill their stomachs is absolutely not allowed.

Just like what just happened, all the base can do is pull away from this crazy person.

"Why did you get here." Yu Zhiwen looked for someone after he was busy, but he saw him with only half of his body in it by the window sill, and quickly dragged the person back, rubbed his cold face, and covered his face with concern, "Is it cold or not?"

"Where it's cold, it's just to see how the base is." Shen Liang said, "Go back when you're done?"

Yu Zhiwen nodded, hugged Shen Liang's footsteps and walked out with a slight briskness.

"Why, I'm in a good mood."

"Well, sort of." Yu Zhiwen smiled and said, "Soon you will also be in a good mood." This

winter has been unusually long, it has been four months, and it is no wonder that everyone is exhausted.

"Help!" After returning home, Lin Qiuyu's communication called, and as soon as it was connected, I heard his sad voice, obviously ready to be slaughtered.

Shen Liang smiled and said, "It seems that you have a lot of food reserves, and you are the last base to ask for support."

"That is." Lin Qiuyu was proud, "I had a lot of small warehouses at that time, and now I lack staple food, how many of you still have, I want it!"

"Then I'm afraid you can't afford it." Shen Liangle said, "You better let Qi Ye talk."

"Okay."

This life of famine was not until the day the temperature warmed up, and everyone felt the hope of life.

By this time, four months and ten days had passed through winter, the longest winter in three years.

The temperature began to warm up, but the weather was just a few degrees below zero accompanied by small snowflakes fluttering in the air, and the ice and snow melted, meaning that winter was about to pass.

The wet and cold base finally got a little warmer, and the thick clouds seemed to spread out a little, and there was a faint light that seemed to want to pass through the clouds, but it was helplessly blocked.

Shen Liang looked at the sky, always felt that the sky in this base seemed to be brighter, but if I looked closely, I didn't feel this way, probably because the winter was overcast for too long, and now the clouds have spread out a little, but I feel a little unaccustomed?

In the base, because of this scene in the sky, everyone's face was more joyful from numbness, not to mention the deaths and injuries in winter, winter is really too hot.

Within a few days, the base finally began to distribute rations again, which made the people who had been hungry for many days finally have some spirits, and the meat they had raised for a year was lost.

However, there are these situations are just ordinary people in the outer layer, and the high-level supernatural people in the inner layer are not so guilty, and in winter, they can sometimes go to the grocery store to buy delicious food, not to mention others, it is expensive hot pot base, Shen Liang has sold a lot.

For them, there is no place more to their liking than the freshman base.

There was less and less snow in the air, until after it turned into sleet behind, the ice in the base began to slowly melt, at this time, Shen Liang knew that the winter New Year also began to slowly arrive.

In the small gathering in the afternoon, Shen Liang was fed fruit by Yu Zhiwen one by one, Xiao Que and Sun Shui sat opposite them with a bunch of documents for Yu Zhiwen to process, and in front of Long Key Tao Xuemei was the double-skin milk he made, and it was rare for several people to get together for a break.

"According to the previous time, this New Year is in a month's time." Sun Shuidao, "This is the first New Year of our new base, how do you want to spend it?"

It was also because of this that Sun Shui and Xiao Que came over to chat with them in their busy schedules.

"Base-wide activity?" Shen Liang asked.

Yu Zhiwen said a few more words next to him: "Well, other bases will send some food for New Year's activities, and then distribute some food on the side of the road, just forget it."

When Shen Liang heard this, he didn't agree: "Our first New Year, we can't be so shabby."

Long Key nodded: "Agree, the previous activities in the Dawning Base were like this, and it was boring at all." Also, I think the base should also be laid out, bare.

Sun Shui pushed his glasses expressionlessly: "If you do this, you need a lot of hands."

Long Key was disappointed: "Ah, it seems to be too."

Shen Liang smiled: "In fact, if it is simply arranged, it is also possible, I have a red cloth."

Xiao Que thought about it and said: "Simple arrangement is okay, many people owe the base labor in winter, if they let them do manual work, it is estimated that it is not good to be hungry for such a long time, and it is just right to make this."

After Sun Shui listened, he pushed his glasses again and agreed.

"Okay, that's the base arrangement." He wrote it down in his notebook.