Chapter 241 New Year

Thinking back to the past year and a half in the countryside, she was still a little confused.

When she came here last year, she was still a naive 15-year-old girl.

In the past year or so in the countryside, she quickly adapted to the primitive life without mobile phones and computers,

Adapted to the rules of working from sunrise to sunset here,

Adapted to the thatched houses, earthen walls, and muddy paths when it rained,

Learned to plant and harvest, and got to know all kinds of crops, crops, and even calmly ignored the insects in the ground.

Learned to live alone, do housework, cook, and help others.

Learned to find joy in hardship.

Made friends and raised a child.

Speaking of which, after this year, she will only be seventeen. After the year, it will be 1961 in the historical trajectory, so she will have to live here for at least ten years.

It is simple now, and it is hard to explain the feeling in her heart. It seems that after she came here, she automatically put herself into this era, but she does not have the passion and enthusiasm that teenagers of this era should have.

Until now, she still prefers the plain life now.

During this special period, firecrackers are out of the question. Liu Weimin had already told us to put down the couplets.

"Just write some auspicious words and paste some blessing characters. Don't do anything else."

What else is there for the New Year in the countryside here?

Couplets, blessing characters, and window decorations are standard. On the day of the New Year, we have to invite our ancestors back to celebrate the New Year and offer sacrifices.

On New Year's Eve, we have to burn paper and incense for our ancestors and keep vigil.

On the second night of the New Year, we send lanterns to send our ancestors away.

This is half of the New Year.

These customs are very important to the elderly in the family. They look forward to this time all year round.

But at this time, if you say so, I agree, but every household still has to worship their ancestors and invite them, but they don't put it on the surface. Everyone knows it.

It's the same as going to the graves and burning paper before the New Year.

Jiandan and the educated youth naturally don't have this concern.

Get up early, light the fire, and cook.

The Chinese New Year starts with breakfast.

Jiandan and his wife had breakfast, and they didn't mess around. They had rice and stewed chicken and mushrooms.

Seeing that the chicken had become mushy, Jiandan used the fire in the stove to make a small bowl of paste, and then went into the house to dress the sleepy child.

The little girl hadn't even opened her eyes yet, her short hair was sticking up, and she was picked up in a daze. She hugged her sister's neck skillfully, and even kissed her face.

"Happy Chinese New Year, sister!"

I didn't expect that she remembered that it was Chinese New Year before she woke up, and she even knew how to greet her.

Jiandan's hands were not idle while kissing the little face.

"Happy Chinese New Year! Come on, stand up and pull up your pants."