Chapter 273 Finish the work

The next day, the busy spring started on time.

Jian Dan struggled to get up at dawn. The first morning was relatively relaxed.

Cook a pot of sticky rice porridge, heat a few buns on it, and a bowl of egg cake. Open the lid of the pot and it is fragrant.

She served herself and ate first, then covered the pot.

When she left, the child was still not awake. She told the child last night that if Jian Dan was not at home when she woke up, she would leave the rice in the pot, the fire under the pot would be extinguished, and the pot would not be hot, so the child could do it by himself without any problem.

On the first day, she was still unsure about the situation at noon, so Jian Dan carried a kettle and gloves and walked towards the village.

When passing by Mingzhu's house, the couple happened to go out, so it became a three-person trip.

"Sister Mingzhu, are you going to work with me?"

Lin Dongfang nodded,

"I've talked to the village chief, it's a bit too conspicuous to ask for leave now, he will put Zhuzhu and me together, it's under my supervision, I can rest assured."

He simply nodded, probably more importantly, he was afraid that Mingzhu would be tired, it would be more convenient for him to be together.

"That's good, let's see if we can be put together, and we can still take care of each other."

Mingzhu still wanted to fight for it,

"I'm fine, the first three months have passed, didn't they say that I'll be fine after three months?"

The main reason was that during this period, Lin Dongfang was watching too closely, and even didn't let me go to the fields.

However, Lin Dongfang was obviously still very cautious about this issue,

"It's just that the most dangerous period is over after three months, but the body during pregnancy is inherently more fragile than that of ordinary people, we still have to pay more attention, and this little work won't tire me out."

Many places are in late autumn and early winter, turning the soil before freezing.

First, the temperature rises quickly in spring, the evaporation is large, the air is dry, and the wind is strong. The loss of soil moisture during tillage is much greater than in autumn.

Second, the temperature rises quickly in spring, but it is dry and rainy. After the land is completely thawed, it will soon be spring sowing, and time is tight. However, if the cultivated land is deep-turned and tilled in late autumn and early winter before it is frozen, the labor force will be idle during the slack season, and the disadvantages of scrambling for time and insufficient manpower during the busy spring farming season can be avoided.

Moreover, there is often more rain in autumn than in spring. Tillage in advance can accumulate more rain and snow in autumn and winter, which can make up for the lack of spring moisture and make autumn rain available in spring.

However, the climate here is quite different from that in the south, and cultivated land is originally only used for one season a year.

The temperature is low in early spring, and even after the soil thaws, it cannot be cultivated immediately. The seedlings are easily injured by the low temperature at night, so some crops here need to be raised in advance, such as various eggplants, peppers, persimmons, cucumbers, etc. planted in the garden, which need to be raised and transplanted outdoors after the temperature rises after May Day.