Chapter 271: Fork with Missing Teeth

"Yes, don't we have to go to work tomorrow? After resting for so long, my bones are lazy. It will definitely be a little uncomfortable to work on the first day. Prepare the dishes first, and put them in the pot directly after work tomorrow afternoon."

"Yes, that's right, you also prepared dry food?"

I have a good impression of Wei Shujuan and Su Hong, and they are willing to talk more.

They came before the autumn harvest last year, and the preparation of these meals was hurried. This year, there is plenty of time, and she and Su Hong are cooking separately. After the autumn harvest, they have adapted to the life in the countryside, and they should have their own arrangements.

Sure enough, Wei Shujuan smiled generously upon hearing this,

"Yes, steamed dry food, and I happened to have dug up a lot of wild vegetables a few days ago, so I mixed them in.

After work, I made some wild vegetable soup if I had the energy. If I was too tired to move, I could fill my stomach with hot water. I was busy these days, so I managed to get through it."

Nodding simply, as if reminding unintentionally,

"Yes, although it's not as tiring as autumn harvest, it's also hard work. It would be better if it was a little greasy, because oil and water can make up for the effort."

According to Li Yan and others, these two people live a pretty good life. They are not as uncalculated as Wang Hongmei and the others, nor are they stingy and reluctant to give up anything. They have their own way of life.

They should not be as poor as them.

Wei Shujuan obviously knew this, and nodded repeatedly after hearing what she said,

"Yeah, it's not that bad. Although you have to work all year round, spring, summer and autumn, the most tiring ones are spring and autumn. If you really exhaust your body, it will be a loss."

"Yeah,"

Seeing that she listened, Jian Dan didn't say much, and took the child to say goodbye,

"You are busy first, let's go forward first."

A few educated youths came out of the yard, holding basins, and looked like they were going to wash clothes. Jian Dan ignored them and turned around and walked forward. However, Jian Xin looked back and was frightened and turned back quickly.

"Sister, what's wrong with that sister? Her eyes seem to want to eat people."

Jian Dan glanced back and met Chen Hongli's somewhat resentful eyes. Looking closely, it seemed that there was a hint of jealousy. At first glance, the other party's eyes trembled, and then moved away guiltily.

"It's okay, ignore them."

After thinking for a while, she gave another reminder,

"Don't get too close to those unfamiliar people, and don't eat anything they give you."

Don't blame her for thinking too badly of people. If people are pushed to a certain extent, they can do anything.

They are now eating the food they borrowed from the village a few days ago, and they have to endure the strange eyes of the villagers and educated youth. They will soon start hard work. If they are tired, hungry, and angry, there is no guarantee that they will do something.

She doesn't want to gamble on human nature.

"Yeah, if someone they don't know gives them food, they must want to kidnap Xinxin and sell her."