Chapter 275 First Day at Work

Jiandan didn't notice the bustle here at all. He looked up and saw that he was still working hard. He was still thinking about his children at home, whether they had eaten, whether they were burned, and whether they had bumped into anything. Thinking about this, he was anxious and his hands moved faster.

"Okay, go back to eat, come early in the afternoon, don't do that thing that drags me down on the first day."

At any time, Liu Weimin shouted and the work was over at noon. The villagers and educated youth who started at the same starting line in the morning stood in different positions. .

Most of the villagers stood in the middle, front or back. Those in the front could finish work earlier, and those in the back would probably finish their work after working overtime.

The villagers walked back with each other.

Looking at the educated youth, Wang Hongmei and the other three girls had just turned over a quarter of the way, which was originally a struggle. When they heard that they were going to finish work, they didn't think it was dirty and sat down on the ground, ignoring the tools in their hands.

The others were better than them. Wang Jiancheng had done more than one-third of the work. Li Jianye was a little behind him, and his arms and legs were shaking from exhaustion.

Tang Cui and Wang Jiancheng were about the same progress, and even a little ahead. Li Yan and others were a little ahead. The other male educated youth were also about halfway through the work, about the same as the villagers, and the progress was normal.

"Go back to eat, and continue in the afternoon. What about Jiandan?"

Several people looked around, but did not see Jiandan, and could not help but guess,

"Has he gone back?"

Mingzhu guessed that he must have gone back first because he was worried about the children. There were so many people, but she didn't say anything,

"Maybe something happened. Go back to eat first. We have been left behind by Jiandan. Don't let us not finish the work at night. That would be embarrassing."

Dragging his limp legs, several people who happened to pass by were about to cry. They had already embarrassed themselves. They thought this was not a serious farming, not harvesting, not weeding, but just a simple turning of the soil. It was all empty land, so it was not easy to do.

Who knew it would be so embarrassing? This repetition is really not much easier than last year's autumn harvest.

Autumn harvest is tiring for the arms and waist. Turning the soil is tiring for the arms and legs, and it wears the hands and hurts the feet. Now my palms are full of blisters.

Tan Yajun sighed,

"Just wait and see. The efficiency will be even slower in the afternoon."

People who often do farm work will have a layer of calluses on their fingertips and palms over time. The more they work, the thicker the calluses will be. For example, many people in the village do these jobs, even when they peel corn and tie corn stalks, without wearing gloves. The calluses are so thick that they can't be penetrated and they can't feel the pain.

But these educated youth can't do it. Those who came first are better. After all, they have adapted to it and have some confidence in their hearts.

Like those who came later, they are really tired and want to cry. Li Yan and others followed behind and returned to the educated youth courtyard. They heard bursts of crying. Not only Wang Hongmei and others, but also Su Hong and Wei Shujuan were almost the same.