Chapter 299 Xiao Jian is a good guy

Uncle Liu San held Cheng Jin tightly, tears flashing in his eyes.

"How can that be? Xiao Jian is a good girl, and all of us in the village remember her kindness."

Jian Jian almost choked herself. Why did this sound so awkward? What did it mean that everyone remembered her kindness?

Cheng Jin's face froze for a moment, but he didn't move. He let Liu Sanye pull him and began to talk.

"You don't know, Xiao Jian is the benefactor of our Liujiatun.

The drought the year before last caused the village to run out of food. Not to mention food, even wild vegetables and tree roots were nowhere to be found.

Just think about it, some families were lying down waiting to die at that time.

It was at that time, in August, that Xiao Jian came. She was assigned to Liujiatun. As a result, that person knew that we were poor, so he asked someone to exchange land with Xiao Jian.

Luckily, it was Xiao Jian who came. When she saw how poor we were, she said she would not live in the Youth House and insisted on buying this house.

Knowing that we were going to starve to death, they directly exchanged it for food and hired villagers to clean it up. You don't know, the food was not much, but it really saved everyone's life."

Cheng Jin looked back and listened patiently. Jian was embarrassed. Why did the old man talk so much today?

Uncle Liu San didn't think about that. When the parents came, he had to praise them. We in Liujiatun all remembered it, and we were not ungrateful.

"Not long after that, Xiao Jian went up the mountain and found a large piece of wild sweet potatoes. It wasn't that big. He didn't say anything when he came back, and told the village chief directly. For several months, everyone survived by relying on these things."

"Later..."

The two of them sat in the yard and talked about it. Cheng Jin knew about the wild boar, but he didn't know anything else. He listened with relish, laughing and frowning.

Jian Jian couldn't listen any more.

Half a morning passed by, and he simply took the children to find something to prepare lunch. Cheng Chao wanted to listen, but also wanted to follow. After a look, he decisively followed his sister.

Jian Jian was still a little uncomfortable with the development of things. Before yesterday, he was an orphan with no relatives, but today he became a person with uncles and brothers. This was actually quite interesting.

But the ready-made labor force would be wasted if it was not used.

He directed Cheng Chao to go down to the cellar to get the ingredients.

After such a long time, Cheng Chao could see that his sister had a rich family background and a lot of good things.

This was the first meal after they met, so it couldn't be shabby.

Besides, his sister was not alone now, she had them, they would definitely not let her suffer, go back and look for the good things, and bring them all to his sister.

With this in mind, there was no need to deliberately save, and Cheng Chao came up with a full basket of things, and he was eager to help,

"This needs to be peeled, I'll do it, you don't need to touch the water,"

The soldiers were efficient, and the ingredients were quickly processed, and seeing that the water tank was empty, he filled it up, which was a bit unsatisfactory,