Chapter 293 Is It Uncle?

When Hu Zi and the others left, they were reluctant to leave. They repeatedly emphasized to Jian Xin, "I will come tomorrow morning," "Yes, we will water them. You can't carry them," "Will they sprout tomorrow? When can they be eaten?" Each question was more irrelevant than the other. The old lady was speechless, like chasing chickens. "Okay, okay, go home. How can it be so fast? They won't sprout tomorrow. It will take three or four days. You have to wait to eat them. Go home and check the garden. When the garden is ready, this will be ready. Be diligent when the grass grows. Ah, otherwise the grass will block the growth and the plants won't grow well."

"I know, Third Aunt, I'm definitely diligent."

"Yeah, I can pull the grass too,"

"I can, I can,"

And the little one, after spreading the watermelon seeds, looked at Jian Xin eagerly,

"Sister Xinxin, the watermelon is ripe, can I have some?"

Jian Xin also acted like a big sister, waving her hand,

"Here, here, here, here, you can get some if you work, but not if you don't work."

"I'll help you water the plants tomorrow."

After a long time of hesitating at the door, the two groups separated.

Jian Xin had a new interest, and she was busy every day. She would go to her own land in the morning to see if any seedlings had sprouted, and then come back to eat.

She was reading a book, and sometimes she would run out when she suddenly remembered, and sometimes she would even sit nearby with a book to read. Jian Xin didn't stop her, because she had just finished, and the novelty hadn't worn off yet.

Following the old lady home, Hu Zi stared at the garden, taking a glance from time to time, and sometimes even leaning on his stick to look at it, which made Sun Xiang feel strange and looked into the garden,

"What's in this garden? It's just been planted, and it hasn't grown yet. What's there to see?"

After the garden was planted, it was simple, just like last year, sowing a few sunflower seeds along the wall whenever there was space.

I didn't plant too many other things, but I planted a few squashes. She and her children didn't like them very much, so planting a few to change the taste was enough.

But I planted some squashes. This thing is filling and sweet. It tastes good when put in vegetables or steamed. Children like to eat it, and it can also be stored in the cellar.

The house was almost cleaned up, and the seedlings in the field had emerged.

There were many corn seedlings that had not emerged, and they needed to be supplemented, so I came to work.

Compared with previous years, not many plants died, but one-tenth of the land died in one morning. So people had to first remove the well-growing seedlings, the ones that had grown well and had several plants in one pit, and then remove the rest of the seedlings, leaving the roots, and transplant them to the pits where no seedlings had sprouted.

Not only the crops in the field, but also the garden at home are the same. Cabbage is the most common, but the cabbage has a high germination rate, and the young cabbages that have been thinned out have basically become a dish on the table.

At this time, the juicy young cabbages, dipped in homemade soybean paste, would be even better if they could be paired with scallions. This is a very popular dish here all year round.

This seedling replacement is not tiring, but it is urgent. After all, the growth period of crops is here. If it is too early, it will be too tender, and if it is too late, it will be too big, and it is afraid that it will not survive.