Chapter 277 Is it meat? Let's eat

After putting the child down, Cheng Chao heaved a long sigh of relief. Jian Xin was still a little reluctant, but she drank half a glass of water obediently. Seeing the adults talking, she took Xiaohua to the side to eat.

Every time Cheng Chao and his friends brought snacks, Jian Xin would let her deal with them. Jian Xin usually put them on the bottom shelf and opened the curtain.

She took out a few glutinous rice sticks and gave half to Xiaohua.

"This is delicious. This is what brother Cheng Chao brought last time. It's so sweet,"

Xiaohua looked back at Cheng Chao timidly and quickly turned back.

Jian Jian saw it from the opposite side and smiled but didn't say anything. Cheng Chao looked a little baby-faced, but he was also very intimidating when he was serious. After all, this profession must have a strong murderous aura on him, not to mention that Cheng Chao came here in a uniform today.

No matter what era, ordinary people will always unconsciously be more afraid of people in uniform.

Not to mention that Xiaohua is only a few years old. Since Cheng Chao came in, she didn't dare to speak. She dared to breathe heavily only when she got close to Jian Xin.

"This brother is really scary. Aren't you afraid?"

They spoke in a low voice, for fear of being heard. Unfortunately, there were only two adults in the room. Jiandan had good hearing, not to mention Cheng Chao, who had been through many battles and could hear this sound clearly.

Jiandan wanted to laugh when he looked at Cheng Chao, but Cheng Chao was helpless. He couldn't be blamed for this.

It was okay when he just joined the army. In recent years, he has been doing tasks one after another. Even Cheng Jin said that his hostility has become more and more serious. Now, not to mention the children he meets on a daily basis, the children of his comrades, even the new recruits who have just joined the army are very afraid of him.

Jian Xin thought the friend was whispering something, so she carefully put her ear close to him. When she heard this, her face was full of disapproval, and she immediately retorted loudly,

"No, Chai is not Chai,"

The two adults turned their heads, and Xiaohua was so scared that she immediately grabbed Jian Xin's sleeve and dared not speak.

Jian Xin took a look and turned back to talk about something else. Cheng Chao remembered that Jian Xin came out from the back just now, so he asked,

"Are you, planting a garden?"

Cheng Chao seemed to know nothing about this before, and although he still doesn't understand it now, but after the experience of planting vegetables in the trough in winter, Cheng Chao felt that he understood it, didn't he?

"Where? It's too early to plant. I got off work early today. I want to turn over the garden. If it rains in a few days, won't it be soaked? It takes two days to plant the land, and the garden will be ready by May Day."

Cheng Chao stood up and took off his coat.

"I'll turn it over for you."

"Ah?" Jian was stunned for a moment, then objected.

"No need. The garden is not big. It will be done tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I can do it myself."

Cheng Chao was fast. As he spoke, his long legs had already stepped out of the door. Hearing this, he turned around.

"How about you buy me dinner?"

Jian Xin saw it and immediately dropped her food and followed him.

"Sister, let's go dig and play."